#8359747, By DJBobHoskins Dark Souls

• DJBobHoskins 23 Jan 2012 21:27:59 13 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Hindle wrote:
    Just beat the hydra and the dragon in the Valley of the drakes, now on the way to Blightown. The most powerful weapon I've found is the Drake sword, there doesn't seem to be anything else out there. Same with the Shield, it's a bit annoying.
    That's because the Drake Sword is stupidly overpowered if you get it early on. It's a shame how early people picked up on getting ahold of it as it can make new players overlook other weapons completely which will end up with them not fully understanding the weapon upgrading and scaling system until much later in the game (and subsequently having to go and farm souls for upgrade shards).

^this so much.
    I had put around 70 hours in (with the drake sword as my main/only weapon) when I just hit a brick wall. I had no decent ranged attack, had spread all my experience points equally over each category, and had split all my titanite chunks into shards so I could use them asap. I gave up, checked out trade in prices, then a week later decided to give it another go with a brand new character. After 60 more hours, having researched how upgrading worked via the wiki, I finished it. It may have taken me a lot longer than some people, but I still hold my head high when i say "I did it!"

ps if the quotes don't appear correctly, apologies, i'm fairly new to making comments on this site