#9215736, By Dr.Haggard BioShock Infinite - Irrational games

• Dr.Haggard 10 Dec 2012 13:58:04 4,087 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Dr.Haggard wrote:
    Am I alone in thinking this looks worse with every gameplay trailer they show?
    Plenty of comments on the EG article saying the same thing. I don't get it, it looks absolutely amazing to me. Dripping with atmosphere where it needs to, and mindblowingly good combat sections as evidenced by the new video. I'm more hyped than ever.
    This is what I don't understand, I don't see what's mindblowingly good about it. They just don't seem very good at making weighty, satisfying combat - the weapons in Bioshock felt like nerf guns and water balloons, and this looks the same. Something is very off about it but it's hard to put my finger on.

Obviously my main grievance is that I want them to make the spiritual successor to System Shock Levine promised Bioshock would be, but he stopped saying that when they got a sniff of the console shooter market and changed direction. Like I said it's perhaps unfair to expect given that this is a Bioshock game and they're committed to what that means now, but it's still disappointing to see.

Anyway, I could accept that it's primarily a shooter and be happy with that if it wasn't for the fact that the actual combat looks rubbish, just like it was in Bioshock.