#6381846, By Bagpuss 720p HD videos on Eurogamer.....Pc hardlocks when viewing...anyone else?

• Bagpuss 19 Jul 2010 17:58:24 8 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does anyone else have this problem when trying to view the HD versions of movies on this site?.....non HD videos are fine to watch.

Everytime i try and watch one, after a few seconds, my Pc completely hard locks and i have to power off to restart...

Thing is, it ONLY happens on this site, BBC HD, Youtube HD, etc are all no problem whatsoever.....

I've noticed CPU usage on Eurogamers HD videos is crazily high as well 70-80%, compared to 10-15% on the other sites i view HD videos, and thats on a Dual Core Phenom II 550 @ 3.8Ghz.

I've even re-installed Windows 7 64bit, to see if it was any kind of spyware/virus, despite having been given a clean scan result prior to a re-install, but the result is the same..

My version of Flash is upto date, and im running a Radeon 4850 with the latest Cat drivers.....and im running the latest Firefox, the hardlock also occurs on IE8 as well....

The only thing i can think of is with such high CPU usage on Eurogamer HD videos, something is not right about the way they have been encoded....???

Anyone got any ideas?....