#9077968, By Monsieur_Blade New WRC Game

• Monsieur_Blade 13 Oct 2012 10:24:45 343 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Rodney I'm glad it's not just me that's been annoyed by the reviews so far! All the criticisms that they seem to be throwing at the game are positives for me too!

I read one review that criticised the game for not having enough variety and for not being as exciting and charismatic as Dirt! It's a WRC game so of course it's gonna focus on the WRC Championship and not doing doughnuts in a car park!! The fact you can play a full WRC campaign and fight it out against the top drivers is the main reason I want the game! If I found out it was 'Americanised' like Dirt I'd run a mile!

I'm sure reviewers have no idea what race fans actually want from a game. Dirt suffered massive criticism for all the "Wow, dude, totally rad...." crap and short rally stages and yet WRC seems to have been marked down for removing that and actually being a serious racer.

From the demo alone, I'm gonna buy this but I just feel frustrated that a lot of people will dismiss it cos these idiot reviewers think it's too serious and straight - That's what a lot of people want from a rally game!!