#458458, By salamando Sam & Max 2 - A New Hope

• salamando 3 Oct 2004 16:13:38 215 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    As much as I'd love to see a new S&M game I doubt it will happen... A "well-loved license" could mean just about anything, and if I was starting a new development studio I'd also like to keep the excitement high and the details sparse with an announcement like this. Ok, so maybe I'm being a bit too pessimistic here, but I _really_ love S&M and don't want to see my hopes dashed again *sniff*

As for the IP situation I'm not sure whether it lies with Lucasarts or Steve Purcell, and although I remember an interview with him a few years back where he said he'd continue doing S&M comics I'm pretty sure Lucasarts has some stake in it as well.

The problem with big companies (games included) is that no matter how _little_ money they think there is to be had you can be sure they'll sit on a license, even if it is left unused, because that means some competitor won't be able to run with it. The fact that adventure games aren't making any money today doesn't mean that the situation won't change in a few years and by then the S&M license will come in handy for Lucasarts.

Of course... there's still a slim chance that there is indeed a new S&M game in the works, and so...

/me salivates =)