#9395785, By Gibroon Ni no Kuni: The Another World for PS3 - Studio Ghibli/Level 5 title

• Gibroon 25 Feb 2013 12:36:42 1,314 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well I'm 20 hours in to the game and currently in Fairyground. Absolutely hooked by the game. Gorgeous to look at, some good stories and just a fantastic world to explore.

I wasn't too sure about the battle system to start with but I'm really enjoying it now. I haven't seen the need for grinding although I've done a few side quests but I find it challenging but not too frustrating. Boss battles are a bit tricky but usually get past them on the second attempt.

I can understand the gripes that people have with the battles but I find it's more a case of patience than anything else. Party members do seem to die quite a bit so I tend to always switch to Oliver and heal my team when they are getting low. Defending/evading is a real must during boss battles and can give you a whole bunch of glims with a succesful block.

The familiars take a bit of getting used to, working out the best way to implement them can be tricky but gets easier as the game progresses. I try and get most of my familiars upto lvl 10+ which can be done 2 or 3 at a time with a 10 - 15 easy battles.

I don't usually play this type of game and thought I was going to get bored but it just keeps giving and giving. When you first take the boat out of Castaway Cove, the sheer delight of the world map takes your breath away.

Would love if there had been more voiceovers rather than text but can't have it all I suppose.