#6863559, By funkyd Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

• funkyd 3 Jan 2011 18:10:44 7,522 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Erm, Sequence 18 then. WTF were Ubisoft thinking? Appalling game design.

Spend the whole game sneaking around, using the excellent combat mechanics, only for them to force the Apple on you, unable to select any other weapon (what exactly happened to all those pockets he must've used to store all the sellable items, eh? Couldn't he put the Apple in one of them?), and force you through each mission one after the other. Let alone the terrible way in which the Apple was implemented. Ie, hold attack, let go, play at being Benny Hill for a bit while your health recharges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg&feature=related), repeat until all guards are down. Start next mission, repeat steps shown above. Start third mission, repeat above steps again. Etc.

I can't remember the last time I was so bored during a game. Did no one point it out at all during development that it was a terrible idea?

Totally agree with that. For the most part I really enjoyed the game, but having to go through so much combat with the Apple was just tedious and irritating.