#9204135, By fergal_oc Champions League

• fergal_oc 5 Dec 2012 10:38:04 2,764 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    fergal_oc wrote:
    We competed whilst playing decent football for 20mins in Madrid and most of a half in Amsterdam
    I just can't take you seriously when you think things like this are valid points in the face of spending over 900m since your current owners took over.

That and the whole suddenly becoming a huge City fan and an expert on football the minute your club became the richest in the world thing.

Sorry again, I know I'm not being nice (or perhaps even constructive), but there it is.
    I don't think you're being harsh. I think your perception of me all of a sudden becoming a huge City fan is incorrect, but that's your perception and you're entitled to it.

I liken City to the Welsh rugby team. Full of excellent players but not quite getting it right. Wales have lost 7 consecutive test matches, which on the face of it is appauling form, especially given the expectations. But I then look a little deeper and see that most of those games have been lost in the last few minutes or by less than 7pts. I can see that they are competing but they're missing something, maybe it's their coaching or over coaching but something is missing.

As for City, well I can't do anything about the 900m spent. I try to be objective and look for positives. I'm a glass half full guy and I understand that being so rubs some people up the wrong way. For that I am sorry.