#7356363, By ChthonicEcho Portal 2

• ChthonicEcho 15 Apr 2011 17:55:26 410 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    ChthonicEcho wrote:
    Some_numbers_8366 wrote:
    Or you can just be a whiny bitch on the Internet.
    Or a smart consumer. Seems many mistake the latter for the former nowadays. Ah, well, have fun forcing yourself to play other games in order to unlock the one you want.

I'll just wait patiently for whenever it is released.

It's not doing anything of the sort.
    If it did, I wouldn't have added that final sentence. For every person who moans about this, there are two who are way too defensive.

Besides, it will not unlock drastically earlier. For the past hour (after work day, with excitement and motivation of players at its peak), it barely nudged. Would they unlock it during the weekend? Highly unlikely. This also means they do not screw over retail stores or those who pre-ordered the game from them, because Steam users will play it earlier just by an hour earlier or thereabouts.

I am not saying this is the devil's work or that you absolutely have to do this. However, I personally and subjectively dislike this. I also dislike the fact that I have to own all the games in order to attain one achievement in Portal 2. Remember Tater Toter, the 'carry science forward' achievement? You get it for collecting all 36 potatoes. The idea of a metagame is good, but I just don't like the execution.

That's all it is. An opinion.