#9151812, By Monsieur_Blade Gears of War 3

• Monsieur_Blade 14 Nov 2012 09:49:12 326 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So gears 3 was on my door mat when i got home from work yesterday and after quickly completing the end of halo ae (I'm a bit of a freak and have to complete one game before starting another!) i played the first couple of chapters of act 1 last night.

Got to say i really enjoyed it! I loved the quick crouching run that happens when you hold a down. It feels very 'actiony' and cool.  One of the things that surprised me most though was the nice quiet moments on the boat. Having never played a gears game before i was expecting all out action but i really liked the contrast between the quiet, sombre moments and the shoot outs and explosions.

I also had a quick couple of games on team deathmatch and thought that was even more fun!  I'm usually terrible at multiplayer but i managed 9 kills and just 3 deaths - i don't know if that's good or not but i was impressed with myself!

I also wanted to mention the graphics - i thought they were superb in both the campaign and multiplayer!

Needless to say I'm counting down the minutes at work till i can start playing again!