#5760229, By CitizenGeek Iraq: A War to be Proud Of?

• CitizenGeek 27 Jan 2010 18:24:34 3,524 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    And yet it's Ok for you to call anyone who disagrees with you a Muslim sympathiser or supporter? That's hypocrisy.

Ok, I get it. The "sympathies" phrasing was McCarthyist and distasteful. Sorry.

Retroid wrote:
    That's obviously *not* why some people have said your comments were bigoted.

Yes, it is. I said Islam disgusts me, squarejawhero called me a bigot. I'm outraged that the conversation about Islam has stooped to such a level. That anyone should fear being branded a bigot for expressing disdain for A SET OF IDEAS (Islam = ideas. Islam = not immutable. Islam = IDEAS. Get it?) is appalling and you ought to be ashamed of yourself for abusing the meaning of the word bigot and applying it to people who disagree with your opinions (again, Islam is a set of IDEAS and OPINIONS that those IDEAS are accurate - NOTHING MORE). Bigots hate people for their nature (their race, their gender, their sexual orientation, their language, etc.) ... when people dislike a certain set of ideas, it's called disagreeing, ok? ;)