#7160638, By Coughthulu Dead Space 2

• Coughthulu 24 Feb 2011 17:05:46 157 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    phAge wrote:
    Yeah, I bought my Yamaha RX-V1900 in December as well - and already I've had dropouts in NFS and DS2. I'm still not 100% sure what is going on, but I AM pretty much dead certain that the Yamaha is simply responding badly to a not 100%-standard Dolby stream from the 360. The retailer has contacted Yamaha, who've in turn promised to "look into" the issue, but like you I'm not getting my hopes up.

If I don't hear anything within the next two weeks or so, I'm going to demand a refund, as Yamaha are selling the RX-V1900 as "100% compatible with the Xbox 360". Which it clearly isn't. Gutted, as it is otherwise a brilliant amp.

Drat, I really don't want to ditch the 767, it's also a brilliant amp. I only bought it because my previous amp (from 2001!) was also a Yamaha and was still going strong, and had always worked perfectly. Strange how jumps in progress stop things working. :-(

Could you let me know how you get on with Yamaha? I'd be interested to know, as it may sway my decision to take it back, especially if it starts happening in other situations.

Looks like I may be playing Hardcore and the DLC next week signed out of Live...