#6378438, By ekko Ultra/Super Street Fighter 4

• ekko 18 Jul 2010 11:54:49 904 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shrike wrote:
    coderkind wrote:
    Shrike wrote:
    So... Seth on Hardest - is bullshit, correct?

Been trying for half an hour now and I can't work out any consistent way of getting at him - if he wants to shoryuken me out of my ultra, or do that teleport grab thing mid-combo, he will. My wins so far have been tied to landing an ultra as he comes out of teleport/does that dark blue transformy thing.

Admittedly, I am shit. But I don't have a problem with the CPU otherwise, so I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing.

Think a cheap way of beating him is to turtle (occasionally throwing projectiles if your character is that way inclined) but waiting for him to do that roundhouse kick that kinda sweeps forward; he's prone to a counterhit once you block that, so you can sweep him and then rince + repeat.

Just don't get tempted to jump in and attack; he'll cheat.

Cool - thanks for this, will try it today.

I read some good advice (might even have been on here pages and pages back). You need to space yourself around 1/2 to 3/4 screen length away from him - close enough that he can't just Sonic Boom spam but far enough away so you can see his spin kick thing coming - block and punish that. After a while he'll do a wall jump elbow drop thing and just anti air that. You just need to be patient and let him do the silly jump ins and crap, don't bother jumping in at all really.

It's all about getting the spacing right. Once you get it you can notice the limited attack patterns he has and punish accordingly. Saying that I still fuck it up a lot.