#9558020, By Blerk The Witcher 2

• Blerk Moderator 9 May 2013 11:03:35 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So.... I'm finding it really hard to actually enjoy this. What am I getting wrong?

The characters and story seem great (although a lot of the detail just sounds like 'blah blah blah' because I have no idea who, what or where they're talking about, perhaps I should've read a primer first) but like drhickman up there ^^^ I just don't seem to be able to get any 'fun' out of the combat at all.

My magic doesn't seem to do much, setting traps is exceptionally tedious (and they don't seem to do much either), switching skills mid-fight is fiddly and I'm forever running/rolling around waiting for my magic to recharge because attacking solely with a sword just gets me repeatedly knacked over. I've reached Chapter 2 and I think I have a fairly good set of kit, but even a couple of half-reasonable baddies can do me over. I hate that I can't use potions once I'm in a fight, it's infuriating that there's no way to heal other than waiting for the bar to recharge at a rate of one pixel every 30 seconds while I roll around like a knob-end.

What am I missing here, chaps? The whole thing's just seeming like a trial-and-error-and-hope-for-the-best chore and I'm on the verge of chucking it in as a bad job. :(