#8627895, By Skirlasvoud The Witcher 2

• Skirlasvoud 24 Apr 2012 01:05:22 248 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Skirlasvoud wrote:
    Po1ymorph wrote:
    @Scimarad Coming from playing far too much Dark Souls. The lock-on was frustrating me. Until I pretty much stopped using it, unless one on one. Constant adjustment of the camera works best, and allows you to keep moving. Which opens up a more free-flowing, hit and move style combat.

Anyone else playing this a "hard" or above? If so whats the hardest bit you have come across so far?

I have just hit a wall with a battle in Loc Muinne when your going after Triss on Iorveth's story line. Up against 4 crossbow men, a mage and 3 two-handed swordsmen man, with 3 shield men arriving later.

It's pretty fucking solid. Stay still for more than a couple of seconds and it's game over...

Hardest parts for me are that Kraken, the summoning ritual in the woods that draw out half a dozen ghosts and killing those bug queens. Those two situations just drive me crazy because it's so difficult it feels unfair.

After Flotsam though? Nothing. By then I'm trained and skilled enough to handle any situation. Oils, potions, swordsmanship and traps. Around act 2, I'm good enough to just enjoy the story. If I die, then it's my own damn fault for not trying hard enough and I'm usually elated to manage.
    What difficulty you on?

Started out medium with my sword spec. Went high with my magic spec. Tried insane with my alchemy spec, the name did as was promised and I turned it back down to high, which is very managable.

So, high (hard), curently.

Edited by Skirlasvoud at 01:05:53 24-04-2012