OK sharpen the knives, PC fans, but I'm thinking of picking up one of the newer X51 machines from Dell/Alienware. They have a GTX660, an i7 and the only weakness for me is a lack of SSD.|
Bearing in mind...
1) I lost patience and interest in building my own PC about five years ago, having been building my own since the 90s. Laziness plays a great part in this decision - I'd rather spend the time drinking.
2) I can get the X51 for less than the UK price excluding VAT.
3) It's a pain to source PC components online where I live and I'd rather avoid the faff of getting a local colleague to help out with the ordering.
4) The smaller form factor matters to me. The LED lighting can do one though, obviously. I'm hoping it's quieter than your average PC.
5) It's only for games, I'll stick with my Macbook for everything else.
...exactly how retarded would it be to go for the X51?
What might be the alternatives? Is the GTX660 going to be severely outdated in a year's time? Is the X51 fundamentally flawed, or is the only argument against it that's it's overpriced and Dell are tossers?
Have at me, people. Thanks in advance for any advice, and also for any interesting insults.
#9421898, By Phattso The Budget Gaming PC thread
Phattso Moderator 12,392 posts
Seen 3 hours ago
Registered 10 years ago