#9437324, By Dr.Haggard Tomb Raider 9 / reboot

• Dr.Haggard 13 Mar 2013 13:44:36 4,216 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jamesi wrote:
    The only sad thing is that some people are clearly trolling the thread with laughable criticism but i think most people are loving the game and sales are great which this game deserves :)
    Good grief, why are some people so touchy? There's been no trolling in this thread that I can recall, only honest and reluctant criticism, which in my opinion the game deserves.

For me the only sad thing is that this sort of game gets so many people so moist, because with such support the big publishers are just going to keep on making QTE-ridden, combat heavy copy-cat games with an overwhelmingly cinematic bias, rather than actually designing games that exploit the strengths of the medium. That's just me though.

For the record I'm currently at about 15 hours according to Steam. At the beach and fast travelling back to mop up collectables and see the various environments at different times of day, which is very enjoyable. The actual world is so well realised it's a shame it wasn't really used to its full potential in the course of the story imo.

Edited by Dr.Haggard at 13:48:01 13-03-2013