#9046630, By Bulbatron Resident Evil 6

• Bulbatron 1 Oct 2012 18:00:40 844 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm on Leon's fourth chapter now and so far, I'm mostly enjoying it.

One thing I hate is the way the game changes the rules on the player. Sometimes you're allowed to jump over desks and other barriers, but at other times, like when the game wants to to stupidly walk through a metal detector, suddenly you can't! And this is the person who Ada said was practically a genius, in one of her reports in Resident Evil 4 - yet he blunders through a metal detector because most players have already tried (and failed) to jump over the desk next to it.

And yes, as others have said, not being able to shoot corpses until the game is ready to bring them to life is quite annoying.

The other thing is - where are the files? I'm not talking about the collectable files, but proper in-game files! Even Resident Evil 5 had them!

I think it's fair to say that so far, I'm feeling incredibly divided when it comes to this game. I can't say I'm not enjoying it, because I am, but neither can I ignore the things that either don't make sense or the things that have been removed that I liked from previous games.

I'll just have to see how I feel when I get to Chris's and Jake's campaigns.

Wow - what a mansion!