#4348411, By Wyrm KillZone 2 Demo

• Wyrm 6 Feb 2009 10:45:59 175 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FADCFTMFW wrote:

So, is anyone else unimpressed?

For starters, it's a bit grey for my liking. I know it's set in a warzone on another planet with stormclouds in the sky, and I'm well aware of the artistic direction used to portray war, where you suck the colour out of the images to give a cold, miserable feeling of a place where you don't really want to be, but would it have hurt to put in a few rainbows in?

Also, the post-processing. With all this motion blur, soft focus on the weaponry, depth of field, glare from all the lighting effects, blood spurting, muzzle flashes etc, it all gets a bit much. I'd prefer if it was a bit more plain to be honest.

The enemies don't look right. When you see them responding realistically to the impacts of bullets by twisting wildly, being illuminated by the flash of your muzzle and the nearby lights, they look odd. I'd rather they just used simple death animations and didn't have all the lighting going on.

The enemy AI is dreadful. Towards the end of the demo after fighting my way through the entrenched enemies by destroying their cover and avoiding being flanked, I saw one guy who was looking the other way and I managed to knife him. It really was poor, he didn't even notice I was there.

I wandered into a corner in the demo and saw a texture which looked a bit low resolution. It also looks suspiciously sub-HD - it definitely doesn't look as good as the CGI trailer. I also saw one dropped frame in my two hours on the game, which is totally unacceptable.

Finally, it's not as good as CoD4. The controller is rubbish. It will look better on 360 when it is released on it soon. Well, I guess my PS3 returns to being a dust-gathering blu-ray player as it still has no games.

Your like 30 and your spending you're time complaining about video games on a forum full of other 30 yr olds and sprinkled with the occasional gay teen. Guess what I'm gonna be doing when I'm 30. Let's just say first I'll get up out of a 5000$ bed in my waterside mansion on the east coast of japan, awoken by the light of the rising sun that glorious island is nicknamed after. I'll gently lift myself out of bed so as not to stir my beautiful eastern european pale skin dark hair small boobs wife and go to my huge walk in closet. I'll come back out moments later wearing a really expensive italian suit. Strolling down the corridor I come into a room with glass cases full of the trophies of my achievements. I proudly look at all of them and then move into the next room, it's the room with a wall-sized HD display and walls upon walls of DVDs, mostly Anime but with a few Western classics throuwn in there. Jealous yet? Next I move into the kitchen and have my servant make me a breakfast, its usually pancakes with chocolate chips and whipped cream, but today... lets go healthy. Just a few slices of apple, Servant. Thank you. How delicious. Now I'm strolling into the living room about to make for the door so I can go out and enjoy my day at Comiket, but in the corner there I see something. I walk over by the 5000 dollar gaming rig, its turned off for now but later tonight I'll be playing Prostitute Farm Online, max settings and DirectX12. I begin to turn and make for the door again but then i stop and look at the black monitor screen (no less than 40 inches, btw). I just laugh. And laugh and laugh. I'm laughing because the guy who was 30 when I was a 17 year old pathetic yix poster is still a yix poster, meanwhile, I'm living the literal dream. All because I shoot for the top. Deal with it, bitch. YCS.

Where did you copy and paste that from?