#9476605, By Anthony_UK What are you currently playing?

• Anthony_UK 31 Mar 2013 03:00:26 2,511 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Assassin's Creed 3

Awesome and annoying. There is just so much content in this game, but when there's obviously been more effort and focus gone into optional missions and parts of the game that might be missed entirely, I can't help but think that someone needs to get a grip of the series or give it a few years off. It's unforgivable to open the game with borderline boring first few hours, to have some great levels hidden away entirely.

There are just so many annoying things about the game, the weapon's and most of your gadgets don't seem to have any real use for any of the levels or situations in the game. Maybe I'm maybe missing the point and the idea is for people to experiment, but things like the rope darts are awesome in the tutorial and the one other occasion I've used them, but other than that, they serve no purpose. But it's the same with the Assassin's powers, the trip mines and various different types of weapons and guns you can buy, all pretty much pointless.

It feels like they've had various different dev teams work on individual elements of the game, which then got slapped together last minute. The end result almost becoming a total mess at times.

That said, it has many good points! Some of the pure stealth based gameplay can be brilliant in how brutal and hard it can be and when everything comes together as it should it's an absorbing experience.

So basically still at fan, but a little more focus next time please guys.