#3948853, By Zob Anyone been to Malaysia?

• Zob 29 Oct 2008 14:53:56 140 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aye, spent 2 weeks in Malaysia and they were incredible. Maybe got bitten by a couple of mozzies on Penang Island but they were no worse than getting bitten by a midge in England. Wasn't wearing any anti mosquito roll-on for my trips to KL or Melaka either. If you're going to rural areas or non-peninsula Malaysia it's a different ball-game. They'll let you know this at the docs when you get your jabs.

As Squarejaw said, well worth going up to Batu Caves - it's like off of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom or something. In KL, there's the bird park, Petronas Towers (free to go up) and the KL tower. Putra Jaya is worth checking out - largely because it is insane that they've built a city of that size just to house government workers.

My favourite place was possibly Penang Island, we went on a trip out to Lankawi Coral, where I went snorkelling. I'll never forget how awesome that was...

It's well worth (as has been mentioned) going along to a food court and just picking all sorts of native dishes. You can eat for a king for very small amounts of money... then wash it down with a bottle of Tiger beer.

Great place!