#8732014, By Khari Berlin Berlin!

• Khari 27 May 2012 21:05:34 4 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My brother used to live in Mitte so I know it well. It has a Covent Garden vibe and, yes, I'd recommend it for site-seeing.

Being right in the center of Berlin it's near a lot of tourist spots. And you can easily head further out east or west on the U Bahn or S Bahn. Get a 7-Tage-Karte (same as Travelcard in London) and you're sorted.

If the weather's good I'd recommend going on a couple of walking tours (New Berlin and Berlin Walks are both very good). I've been all round Berlin guided and unguided, and the tours there were excellent. Worth a tenner.

Oh and if you're in the neighbourhood grab some Canadian Pizza from Ron Telesky's in Kreuzberg. Some nicest pizza I've ever eaten. They sell by the slice. Very informal, great for lunch. And if you like fondue Ars Vini has a couple of restaurants around town and is fantastic.

ETA: I'd also recommend grabbing breakfast out - away from your hotel - most days. Berliners are all about big breakfasts out and as a tourist it really sets you up for the day. You'll get a much better breakfast out than you will from the hotel. Having breakfast in the revolving cafe at the top of the Fernsehturm (TV tower) is a bit pricier than most places and the food isn't as good as most breakfast cafes, but makes the most of the amazing view.

Edited by Khari at 21:15:41 27-05-2012