#3840078, By Charroux Starbucks waste 23 million litres of water every day

• Charroux 6 Oct 2008 15:20:15 792 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Charroux wrote:
    I really don't see what the problem is with road tax. It's still a fraction of the total cost of owning a car, compared to fuel, insurance, maintenance, depreciation, and so on.

You're still missing my point. It's unfair on car owners who hardly use their car, as for them their road tax will not be a fraction of all of the other things you list. I spend about 200 a year on petrol.

As it happens my road tax isn't going up much, but if I was unlucky enough to have a car that got heavily taxed, then I'd be furious. As it is I just don't think the system is fair, or really tackles the issue it's supposed to be tackling.

Nah, I'm not missing your point :) I understand exactly where you're coming from. Doesn't mean I think it's a particularly big deal, however.

As I mentioned above, I think that it may well be tackling the issue it needs to. If it makes some new car buyers downsize to a smaller, more efficient vehicle, then surely it's done its job?

Anyway, wouldn't it be cheaper to hire a car or use taxis if you're only spending 200 a year?

EDIT: typo