#9135484, By dradis Business website

• dradis 7 Nov 2012 14:20:58 21 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    cjb_bjc wrote:
    Im pretty new to this and have everything set up to see exactly how SEO works and functions. I need to change the H1 tags, but didn't think the title tags were that bad. Can you recommend better wording?
    There are two audiences for title tags: Google's algorithms, and Google's visitors (i.e. potential customers).

Writing good titles is tricky, but here's the basic process:
    - figure out what the most relevant customers are searching for (brainstorming)
    - gettings stats on the most popular search terms for those broader keywords (Google' Keyword Tool)
    - adding a geographic area if the target audience is so restricted
    - writing a title that makes sense, attracts clicks, and doesn't repeat the same word again and again

In this case, assuming that he's a general carpet fitter (and that the terms "carpet fitting", "carpet laying", and "vinyl flooring" are the main keyphrases you're interested in, the title on the homepage should say something like:
    "Carpet Fitting & Laying, Vinyl Flooring in Reading, Berkshire - Martin King"

(Note the capitalisation, punctuation, order of words, and overall length.)

The meta description will probably appear as the text fragment on Google's search result - so you need to make sure it looks good. I'm not going to spend too long writing this, but something like: "Quality, affordable carpet fitting services from Martin King Carpets & Flooring - 30 years experience with Vinyl, Carpets & Wood Floors"

Crucially, the main keyphrases need to be represented in the main body of text on the page, too.