#3754479, By Sorbicol Am I the only turn-based game fan?

• Sorbicol 12 Sep 2008 23:30:04 591 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stickman_Nev wrote:
    Hey guys, do you think a dedicated Turn Based Games website would be a good idea? Doing for TB gamers what Pirates Ahoy does for fans of pirate games. A real resource for reviews, previews and a place where any games in development can freely get exposure to fans of the genre. The reason I ask is that I've been toying with the idea for a while and even have the domain ready to roll. ;-) Would be a bit of an undertaking and I couldn't start it until after the release of my game, but I'm certainly very interested in doing it - especially as it seems that TB games are still very popular. Just a thought.

www.strategycore.co.uk is a good website worth checking for TBS games. They concentrate on X-COM, the UFO series (Aftermath, Aftershock and Afterlight) and Silent Storm mostly, but they keep a good ear to the ground for other TBS titles.

Don't think anyone's mentioned the UFO series? The first two are a bit ropey (especially the phenomenal difficultly jumps in the first game) and the latest one, UFO:Afterlight is definitely worth a look. I know the weird tbs/real time combat system isn't everyone's cup of tea, and that they require a very definite style of play in order to do well in, but it's well worth checking out in my opinion. It's one of those games that is very difficult in the later stages, but is never unplayable if you concentrate and really use tactical strategies to your advantage.