#3267643, By RichGL I'm being threatened with the sack over GTA

• RichGL 1 May 2008 13:22:38 793 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    President Weasel wrote:
    RichGL are you being deliberately obtuse?

His actions, which he knew to be wrong and he knew could have potential consequences for the company, have indeed had consequences for the company.
    Whether that's the director of sales having to make a grovelling phone call to Take 2 promising it won't happen again, or whether they do indeed stand to lose large amounts of money through not getting future Take 2 releases is not the point.
    The point is he did a thing which he knew to be wrong, and now he's getting in trouble for it. The point it it's reached executive level and executives are annoyed.

"it's just a game FFS" is not the point. It's not just a game, it's the company breaching an agreement with the publisher.

"he wasn't on work time" is not the point, the point is he used his position as an employee to lie to another employee and because of this his company broke the street date and got in trouble.

You don't think street dates are important (FFS)? Well publishers think they are.
    I'm afraid if you sent an email to Take 2's corporate office to tell them that "it's just a game FFS and a guy I knew once headbutted another guy and my company's lawyers said it was too much trouble to sack him FFS and they are really expensive and dead good laywers FFS" they'd throw it in the bin as being the obvious work of a complete idiot.

FFS

See my previous posts you haven't read yet thanks!