#9428582, By Mr-Brett Technical PC help required

  • Mr-Brett 9 Mar 2013 11:26:33 12,723 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have two monitors that aren't really working any more, googling it came up with blown capacitors so I've managed to open one up and found that on the gpu board there are a load of bulging capacitors.

    So I'm wondering how easy this'll be to fix? just get a soldering iron and some replacements and away I go? Is there anything I need to know like is there a chance I make something explode? I'd done plenty of tinkering with PC's but haven't used a soldering iron since school and even then I didn't use one that much.

    Portable view - Never forget.

Log in or register to reply