#5259114, By driptray Section 8

• driptray 19 Sep 2009 11:32:02 368 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bump to big up one of the best online MP experiences I've had. Part of its genius is the way you naturally fall into using squad tactics, rather feeling like a massive effort to do so. The lack of one-shot kills works for me; if you die it always feels like it's because you've allowed yourself to get into the wrong position, rather than simply being "out-twitched".

The way the deployables work allow - as the game progresses - for fortifications to be built up, again in a very natural way.

The burn-out approach to spawning might sound like chaos as everyone can spawn anywhere, in practice it doesn't work like that as anti-air turrets get deployed to throttle the playing field. The sense of satisfaction using the sniper rifle to take out an AA turret from long distance to create a hole in the enemy defense to allow the team to burn right into the heart of the enemy bases is fantastic!!

Anyway, I think a game that really deserves your time, and rewards a bit of perserverance.

If you can get it for 20 - imo - it's a bargain!