#9375080, By lavalant The **Official** Aliens: Colonial Marines Thread

• lavalant 17 Feb 2013 17:39:26 1,268 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    lavalant wrote:
    The most unforgivable thing is the whole hype and lies surrounding this game, all the footage and demo's shown isn't from the actual game they were planning to release, and all those bullshit interviews where they sit and lie.

It's difficult to enjoy even with the authentic atmosphere and fan service, because Mercenaries are your biggest enemy, the 2nd and 3rd level in the campaign is ALLLLL FUCKING HUMAN ENEMIES, no Aliens at all!! and this continues throughout the game, 70% Mercs, 30% Aliens..I'm serious! Hadley's hope is by far the best level, it's enjoyable and oozes atmosphere, there's plenty of tension.

I played Alien V Predator 2010 just to compare and the Aliens look and act fucking AMAZING compared to this shite.
    Your tune has changed so drastically it's akin to a dubstep dj suddenly going full on classical.

So what exactly has triggered such emotional changes may I ask? Why is the game "shite" all of a sudden?
    I don't believe I said the game was good, I said I just said it wasn't that bad, but that was during my stint at Hadley's Hope (the game's best level)

I'm on the second last level and the game has grinded me down to despair. The only thing keeping me going was the thought of another , or better level than hadleys hope. But I think the last 4 levels I've just been killing soldiers, and now when I see an Alien it's just pathetic now. I'd score the game 3/10 (1 point for authentic source material and 1 point for multiplayer which is okay and 1 point for the 3 levels out of 9 devoted to actually killing Aliens and not the other 6 where you just kill soldiers) Randy Pitchford is a lying sack of shit! I'm trading it tomorrow for either Sleeping Dogs or Xcom.

@AdamAsunder Alien V Predator 2010 was a pretty good title for fans of the franchises, it is a 6/10 game in my opinion but fans will see it as a good solid 7/10, not bad for a 5 bargin bin game.