#9397684, By crashVoodoo Apple TV

• crashVoodoo 26 Feb 2013 00:50:19 3,851 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Just applied the Jailbreak to my ATV2 and dropped XBMC on there. Fuck me, but I'd forgotten how depressingly built some of this community stuff is. Hats off for the achievement, but the UX/UI is hilariously bad in places. And some of those skins...

Now to sort out the NAS, as it appears my hard drives didn't survive the move to the new apartment. :-/

Does anyone have any recommendations for something reasonably priced NAS wise that'll play nice with the ATV? Any funky features it's worth looking out for to enable more addons to do awesome things? What're people's most used addons and why? Oh jesus... I sound like BlizeH.
    Built my own from loads of old spare parts.  I'd initially got it running via an old busted laptop and its work perfectly for nearly a year.  Decided to up the game with storage.

Its running ubuntu 12.04 server and its headless so its all managed via web apps or ssh.  webmin is the app for all the main system management or via ssh.

Alongside the boring stuff its also rocking sabnzbd, couch potato and sick beard doing pretty much everything automatically and filing it all away on the shared drives ready for viewing via the xbmc on the atv.

I've also got deluge on there which is a web based torrent app and subsonic for music.

sabnzbd
    sickbeard
    couchpotato
    deluge
    webmin
    subsonic
    newznab

Edited by crashVoodoo at 01:06:18 26-02-2013

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away