#2953566, By layleeloo Call of Duty 4 problems in 1080p

• layleeloo 10 Jan 2008 11:17:27 25 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hi

I have figured it out. Thanks for the suggestions but yes - of course I checked it is 1080p - that is the whole reason I bought it.

COD4 has problems auto switching to 1080p on ps3. The xbox 360 version finds it straight away however on the PS3 after scouring the net - it is a know problem. You have to go into custom settings of the HDMI and turn off 720p and all other resolutions apart from 1080p and then it runs.

And boy oh boy - YES you can tell the difference!! I bought it cos my mate has the same TV and a 360 and saw it on that so got it for my PS3 and the larger your TV is, the greater the clarity of 1080p. Hence why they dont make many, or any i dont think less than 37"

Anyway - its sorted now so thanks. And for those in any doubt - i saw the difference between 720p and 1080p on my mates 360 on his TV, hence why I bought the same TV and COD4 for my PS3. God knows why they made Singstar in 1080p - thats the only other game I own which runs at that - its not like you need the clarity but for games like COD4 itis certainly noticeable if you know what you are looking at.

Cheers