Maybe it's because I've played DDS 1, 2 & nocturne to death, but Persona 4 does feel very much like a spruced up rehash and I do prefer the story focused as opposed to social interaction approach. The presentation is fantastic but I found myself becoming tired of the same turned based system with little development on the formula. Streamlined, but perhaps a bit too simple for my tastes. I also noticed enemies were being rehashed with palette swaps later on in the game. |
I'm not a fan of the whole random floor generation thing. It feels a bit cheap having these corridors and rooms, it kills my interest pretty quickly, as I like open vistas to explore and admire the design. It's not particularly tough either and the optional dungeon is a bit lame.
+ Fantastic presentation
+ Non random battles
+ 60+ hours
+ Interesting plot
+ streamlined menus and fast loading
+ Fusing personas in the velvet room
+ Some of the music like the velvet room.
+ The P3 songs they left on the disc (by accident?)
- Imbalanced combat. Battles can be v tough or v easy.
- Underneath the same turn based system used in most SMT games.
- Listening to the same battle BGM for most of the game starts to grate quickly
- No 60Hz option
- Having to go through reams of lame text relating to the 'feelings' of the characters.
- Randomly generating floors that look like circuit diagrams leave little scope for real exploration or admiring environment design.
- Too many palette swaps later on instead of new enemies.
ploder 243 posts
Seen 1 week ago
Registered 10 years ago