#8385016, By Gibroon Just quit smoking...

• Gibroon 1 Feb 2012 12:40:48 1,314 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been off the cigs for over 5 months now. Used Champix to help stop after a friend recommended it to my wife and I. The first 2 weeks of taking it, I felt quite nauseous and a little odd. That's when the drug has really kicked in and smoking any tobacco really tastes like shit.

A week later and I was attempting to smoke once a day but stopped after a few draws. As I said, I did feel quite strange when on the champix but probably no worse than if I was going cold turkey.

For anyone fed up of nicotine substitutes, they may be worth ago. It was all free (lives in Scotland). I went to a smokers group and they give you a note for the doctor for a subscription. The support group was good as well, once a week and they give you a smoke breathalyzer that monitors the carbon monoxide in your blood system. Feels better talking with other folk in a similar position as well.

Took Champix for 6 weeks instead of the recommended 12 weeks. I'd been smoking for 20 years as well, just wish I'd given up sooner.

Edited by Gibroon at 12:43:37 01-02-2012