Code of conduct
Please take the time to read and follow these simple guidelines and rules and your stay on the Eurogamer forum will be a happy one!
- Craft your subject line. Be descriptive, but be brief. If your thread subject gives no clue to it's contents, it will be renamed.
- Put your thread in the right category and it can be found more easily through the filters than one in the 'Gaming' category.
- Don't write in ALL CAPS or TXT SPK or L33T SP33K - It is hard to read and annoys people.
- Write clearly. We can't all be great writers, but at least we can give it our best shot.
Think before you post...
- Intent: Are you writing something that you want to question, inform or share with the other users?
- Chill out: If someone is being an idiot, you don't have to join them.
- Worth: Is there a similar thread, are you creating a thread to reply to another, have you done a search?
- Discussion: This is a public discussion forum, so if you wish to talk to another member privately you should attempt a different form of communication.
- Spam: Blatant advertising, trolling and linking to illegal stuff such as warez are not allowed.
- Abuse: If your post is abusing other users or moderators you run the risk of being banned.
- We will remove posts that contain racist or homophobic remarks, personal abuse, libel, copyrighted material, excessive swearing, references to illegal activities and requests for CD keys or pirated software.
- Users who repeatedly post inflammatory ("troll") topics or contravene the site posting guidelines will find their posts removed and eventually their user account removed. Eurogamer reserves the right to remove posting privileges from any account at any time. In general the staff will endeavour to issue warnings before a user account is removed or suspended, however, in the instance of severe transgressions, this action may be taken without any prior warning.
- If you spot a post on the forum that breaks our comments policy then please post in the Moderator Batphone category, or contact us and we will sort it out.
- If your thread is deleted then look back and see if you've broken any of these rules or look for a thread on a similar topic. If you post a "Why was my thread deleted?" thread, it will be deleted without warning.
- Registering multiple accounts ("sockpuppets") could result in bans for some or all of the accounts in question. One person, one account.
- As long as you don't insult people, keep the discussion relevant and don't generally act like an idiot, you won't have to worry about being moderated.