2K Games' sequel BioShock 2 has finished as February's best selling game in the US. Big new entry Heavy Rain had to settle for 10th.
February turned out to be a bumper month for Xbox 360, which counted four top 10 entries: BioShock 2 (1st), Modern Warfare 2 (3rd), Mass Effect 2 (7th) and Dante's Inferno (9th).
They took Microsoft's console to the top of the pile with 422,000 units sold. Wii followed with 397,000 and PS3 trailed with 360,100.
US Xbox 360 bigwig Aaron Greenberg called it the "best February in Xbox 360 history" on Twitter.
However, Nintendo's DS shifted the most machines overall and recorded 613,000 sales. That's a night and day contrast with PSP, which flogged 133,400 units.
Wii champions New Super Mario Bros. (2nd), Just Dance (4th) and Wii Sports Resort (5th) filled out the top half of the table, while PS3 games Modern Warfare 2 (6th), Dante's Inferno (8th) and Heavy Rain (10th) rounded out the top 10.
US Software February 2010
- BioShock 2 (Xbox 360): 562,900
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii): 555,600
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360): 314,300
- Just Dance (Wii): 275,400
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii): 272,500
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3): 252,800
- Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360): 246,500
- Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition (PS3): 242,500
- Dante's Inferno (Xbox 360): 224,700
- Heavy Rain (PS3): 219,300
US Hardware February 2010
- DS: 613,200
- Xbox 360: 422,000
- Wii: 397,000
- PS3: 360,100
- PSP: 133,400
- PS2: 102,900