Dedication. That's what we were always told we needed if we wanted to be a record breaker. Not any more; now all you need is this competition, giving you the chance to blag your way into a live gaming world record attempt.
To celebrate the launch of the Guinness World Records 2009 Gamer's Edition on 4th February, we've teamed up with Guinness to offer one plucky Eurogamer the opportunity to win a place in a record attempt that, if successful, will get your name in the book as a genuine world record holder. And you can do it without even getting off your arse.
The record being challenged is for the Fastest Mobile Gaming Rig. And current holder Edd China will be attempting to smash his existing best (we checked Wikipedia and this guy is serious: apparently he also holds the Guinness World Record for 'fastest furniture').
The rig, described to us as an "office-like unit", will boast three consoles - a 360, PS3 and Wii - which Edd, plus two other gamers, will be playing throughout the attempt to qualify for the record. If you fancy adding "official Guinness World Record holder" to your business card, you could bag a place on the Xbox 360, playing the game of your choice.
To stand a chance of winning the officially reserved Eurogamer seat on the rig, you just need to answer the question below. The boring stuff: if you want to take part, you need to be able to get yourself to a London location on the morning of Tuesday, 3rd February and be free between 8am and 11am.
Furthermore, by entering you're also agreeing to be filmed for posterity by Eurogamer TV for a future show, and be interviewed and snapped by other media outlets on the day. You'll need an agent by the time you're done.
Do you have what it takes? Answer this poser to find out. Good luck!
- Prizes will not be exchanged for cash or other goods - if you don't want the prize, don't enter.
- All entries must reach us by 12pm on Wednesday 28th January, at which point the winner will be picked and notified.
- You must be able to get yourself to London on the morning of Tuesday 3rd February, between 8am and 11am GMT.
- You must agree to be filmed by Eurogamer TV as well as interviewed and photographed by other media on the day.
- No employees of Eurogamer or Record Breakers or Guinness may enter.
- The judge's decision is final.