Nintendo's WiiWare service for downloadable first- and third-party games has launched in Europe with six brand new games to try out.
The headlining duo are LostWinds from Frontier Developments, which earned itself a handsome 9/10 in our review, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King from Square Enix, which is a sort of RPG Sim City.
The other launch titles are Dr Mario & Germ Buster, a Wiimote-enabled remake of the classic Nintendo puzzler; Star Soldier R, a high-scores shoot-'em-up from Hudson; TV Show King, a basic quiz game from Gameloft; and Toki Tori, a puzzle/platform game where to play as a chicken.
Nintendo has previously said that they will be joined by Pirates: The Key of Dreams (Oxygen Interactive) and Pop (Nnooo) during the "launch window", which presumably means in the next few weeks.
See below for full pricing details or check out our WiiWare Roundup for hands-on impressions of all the launch window games.
- Dr. Mario & Germ Buster (Nintendo) - 1000 Wii Points (GBP 7 / EUR 10 approx)
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Square Enix) - 1500 Wii Points (GBP 10.50 / EUR 15)
- LostWinds (Frontier) - 1000 Wii Points (GBP 7 / EUR 10 approx)
- Star Soldier R (Hudson) - 800 Wii Points (GBP 7 / EUR 10 approx)
- Toki Tori (Two Tribes) - 900 Wii Points (GBP 6.30 / EUR 9 approx)
- TV Show King (Gameloft) - 1000 Wii Points (GBP 7 / EUR 10 approx)