Data tracker NPD has declared that Wii Play is the best selling game in North America - ever.
Nintendo's mini-game compilation, which bundles a Wiimote don't forget, beat the likes of Guitar Hero III (2) and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (3) to the throne.
Wii Fit (5) and Mario Kart Wii (6) also put in a strong performance for Nintendo in the list.
For now, Modern Warfare 2 has to make do with fourth, although this particular list ignores PC sales. And had they been counted then we could probably expect World of Warcraft to show its face, too.
Nevertheless, Activision's Call of Duty series is well represented, with Modern Warfare (7) and World at War (9) also making the grade.
Curiously it's Madden '07 and not a newer version that carries the torch for EA's Goliath US sports series. Perhaps this is because '07 spanned nine different platforms as the generations collided.
The last game is Namco Museum, an arcade rehash of Namco's finest, that appeared on no fewer that 13 consoles - N64 and Dreamcast included.
No Halo, then. But what else is missing?
- Wii Play (Wii)
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2, Xbox)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Wii Fit (Wii)
- Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3, Xbox 360, DS)
- Madden NFL 07 (PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, PSP, DS, GC, GBA, Wii)
- Call of Duty: World at War (PS3, Xbox 360, DS, Wii)
- Namco Museum (DC, GBA, PS2, GC, Xbox, PSP, N64, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, PS, Xbox 360)