2K Australia has more awards for its display cabinet, as BioShock has been named game of the year in the Spike TV Video Game Awards, which took place in Las Vegas yesterday, GamesIndustry.biz reports.
The title also won best Xbox 360 game and best score in the ceremony, adding to a host of awards - including best game - which it won at this year's BAFTA Video Games Awards.
Harmonix was named as best studio for its work on Rock Band, which was a also given the award for best rhythm game.
Other notable winners at the event, hosted by Samuel L Jackson with appearances from US comedian Ralphie May and comic legend Stan Lee, included Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Super Mario Galaxy and Halo 3 which all picked up two awards each.
Elsewhere Crysis took home the award for best graphics while Mass Effect was voted best RPG and Orange Box was PC game of the year.
Spike TV is a US cable channel owned by MTV Networks.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Game of the year: BioShock
- Best shooter: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Best action game: Super Mario Galaxy
- Best rhythm game: Rock Band
- Best RPG: Mass Effect
- Best driving game: DiRT: Colin McRae
- Best military game: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Studio of the year: Harmonix
- Best graphics: Crysis
- Breakthrough technology: The Orange Box/Portal
- Best PS3 game: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Best Wii game: Super Mario Galaxy
- Best Xbox 360 game: BioShock
- Best PC game: The Orange Box
- Best individual sports game: Skate
- Best team sports game: Madden NFL 08
- Best handheld game: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
- Best game based on a movie or TV show: The Simpsons Game [surely "least rubbish game"? - Ed]
- Best soundtrack: Rock Band
- Best original score: BioShock
- Best multiplayer game: Halo 3
- Most addictive game: Halo 3
Have you bought GamesIndustry.biz its Christmas present yet?