EA has plans to release a bundle of extra songs on disc for the Wii version of Rock Band.
Track Pack Volume 1 will be released on 15th July in the US. It will offer 20 bonus tracks for USD 29.99 - that's around 10 dollars cheaper than if you bought them as individual downloads.
The pack includes songs by the likes of The Police, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Oasis, The Police and Wolfmother.
Rock Band Wii is due out in the US on 22nd June. A European date is yet to be set.
The Xbox 360 version of Rock Band will arrive here on 23rd May and cost a whopping GBP 180 for the three instruments - microphone, drums, guitar - and the game. Unless you find yourself a retailer-specific bundle, of course.
To date, developer Harmonix has made over 80 extra tracks available for Rock Band in the US. All of them will be available to download from European launch on Xbox 360.
The average track sells for 160 Microsoft Points / USD 1.99.
Track Pack Volume 1:
- 30 Seconds to Mars - "The Kill"
- All American Rejects - "Move Along"
- Blink - 182- "All the Small Things"
- Boston - "More Than a Feeling"
- David Bowie - "Moonage Daydream"
- Faith No More - "We Care A Lot"
- Grateful Dead - "Truckin'"
- The Hives - "Die, All Right!"
- KISS - "Calling Dr. Love"
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Gimme' Three Steps"
- Nine Inch Nails - "March of the Pigs"
- Oasis - "Live Forever"
- Paramore - "Crushcrushcrush"
- The Police - "Synchronicity II"
- Queens of the Stone Age - "Little Sister"
- Ramones - "Teenage Lobotomy"
- Smashing Pumpkins - "Siva"
- Stone Temple Pilots - "Interstate Love Song"
- Weezer - "Buddy Holly"
- Wolfmother - "Joker & the Thief"