The PS3 was the best-selling console in Japan last week, even proving more popular than the DSi.
Not by much, though - 36,513 PS3 units were shifted, according to ChartGet, compared to 35,827 Nintendo handhelds. Oh, and 11,774 DS Lites were shifted, too.
The PSP was in third place (35,588), followed by the Wii (17,876) and Xbox 360 (11,795). Just over 5000 PS2 consoles were sold.
PS3 sales were most likely boosted by the release of Yakuza 3, which went straight in at number one with 372,000 copies. It beat Koei’s Shin Sangoku Musou MULTI RAID, debuting at No. 2, and Mario & Luigi RPG 3 in third.
Wii Fit didn’t turn out to be the best-selling game in history for once, languishing in tenth place. The shops have probably run out again.
Here’s that Japanese top ten in full:
- Yakuza 3 (PS3)
- Shin Sangoku Musou
- Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (DS)
- One Piece Episode 2 (Wii)
- Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou 2 (DS)
- Shounen Sunday x Shounen Magazine Nettou! Dream Nine (DS)
- King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match (PS2)
- Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope (360)
- Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Wii)
- Wii Fit (Wii)