Nintendo E3 Conference Finished

That's it for Nintendo! As expected we heard about and indeed saw the 3DS, but we perhaps got more than expected with lots of software commitment from all Nintendo's mates. We also have the return of Donkey Kong, Kirby and GoldenEye to look forward to on Wii - and of course Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword!

Check out the entire live text transcript below or click through to the story you want:

- Nintendo unveils 3DS handheld
- European 3DS launch "by early next year"
- Nintendo 3DS hands-on
- GoldenEye Wii remake this year
- Wii Party due out this Christmas
- Nintendo shows Mario Sports Mix
- Golden Sun DS out this Christmas
- Nintendo 3DS tech specifications
- Nintendo E3 Conference photograph gallery

Original introduction: Now that the Beast of Redmond has slunk off back to its newly family-friendly lair, it's time for Nintendo and, later, Sony to tell us their plans for the coming year.

For once, we know roughly what to expect from Nintendo: the 3DS is a virtually certainty after the original announcement told us to expect it at E3; the new Legend of Zelda game for Wii is long overdue a showing; and there are numerous other loose ends including Satoru Iwata's favourite Vitality Sensor.

If past conferences are anything to go by - and despite Nintendo's transformation of the past few years, the make-up of its conferences has at least remained consistent - then we should also expect reams of graphs and charts, most of which tell a bright and cheery story about how everyone and his dog owns a Nintendo console.

Join us from 9am PST / 5pm BST to find out just how many dogs, and about all that other stuff. Eurogamer's Ellie Gibson will be providing her usual colourful commentary, and we'll be whirling around gathering all the news, videos and screenshots too.

Latest comments (322)

• PsychoPriest 4 years ago

My brief thoughts on the show: http://videogamesatemybaby.wordp
    ress.com...
  • Rorsch 4 years ago

Nintendo presents an hand-held console with 3D graphics and a 3D camera. Sony and Microsoft finally catch up with the Wii.
  • spudsbuckley 4 years ago

One whole game that i'm interested in.

Thanks Nintendo!
  • Dylbot 4 years ago

Welp, looks like Nintendo win E3.
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

Yes Ms have spent alot of time and money on Kinect and you would expect them to have some focus on that, but really they needed to sprinkle one or two more core games at least i think, even if its just a trailer or two.
  • Calgon 4 years ago

Well its not like its easy launching a new product such as Kinect, I doubt it will get as much focus as it has at this years E3 again, as someone else said they will probably announce more core games at a different event but for now they want the attention on their new product.

Nintendo did have a comfortably better conference for the core gamers, that shouldn't have been hard though considering.
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

Yes thats how i see it Drumbaby... really not much from surprises for me from Nintendo, but i can see why fans of their games would like it... the MS show was light on non natal based games really. I dont think the MS show was terrible, just devoid of many core games which their current user base would want.

In fact i was more impressed by the EA show later on with Dead Space 2 etc... (didnt get to see the Ubi show unfortunately was on too late)
  • drumbaby 4 years ago

I think Nintendo have an extremely loyal fanbase that eat this kind of thing up...My brother, for example, is probably having a coronary as we speak. Guess me becoming a gamer because of Alien Trilogy on PSOne has alot to do with my total lack of excitement for anything announced here, but I can certainly see that they've done a better job than Msoft at keeping their fans satisfied. Hope the Sony Conference has the same affect on me.
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

I really can't understand all the whingeing.

I think its because from a 1st party point of view, over the last couple of years Ms release rate has dropped off considerably. While Sony's and by the looks of Nintendos conference this year, has rapidly increased.
  • MilkYMoO 4 years ago

Will nintendo let us download trailers on our wii's?. Theres a flood of them appearing on xbl marketplace. Psn is bound to be the same tomorrow.

• MilkYMoO 4 years ago

Hardcore nintendo fans, especially older ones, never had it so good.
  • TonyHarrison 4 years ago

3DS looks great, Kid Icarus looks great, DKC looks great, Kirby was ok, Zelda.... I'm waiting for hands on reports.

All in all, they only spent about 10 minutes on casual titles, the rest was about as core as it gets for Nintendo.
  • MilkYMoO 4 years ago

Microsoft will probably try and win back all the dissapointed gamers at gamescom. With Halo reach, fable 3, crackdown 2 and loads of great 3rd party titles like fallout new vegas coming out this year, 2010 is still going to be a great year for 360 owners. I really can't understand all the whingeing.

Pity all the multiplatform owners like me out there. We're fecked!.
  • SpaceMonkey77 4 years ago

I think the highlights were the 3DS, Kid Icarus (long overdue) and Zelda. Beyond that, it seems like more of the same emptiness, that is now Wii games catalogue.

Some announcement of Wii 2/successor would have been cool, with MS and Sony fast approaching their market.

I' d have to agree with whomever said on here, about feeling like they grown out of Nintendo games. I can understand that feeling. It's like being fed baby food, when what you need is a big milky bowl of corn flakes. If you are a seasoned gamer for 15-20 years, playing certain Mario games etc, fatigue and contempt can set in as time passes. I became this way with jrpgs, until something worthy turns up.

Nintendo games are cool and cross demographics well, but variety is needed for the avearge adult palette. Nintendo used to provide more gamers games, but not anymore. I'd love some more Star Fox, Blast Corps etc too, but not seeing any or enough of that doesn't fill me with hope for the future for them.

This conference was on par with MS's, IMO. It had too much talking crap, and not enough games showing/playing. I'll look forward to buying a 3DS, though.
  • Lee_Morris 4 years ago

For me personally MS only showed 3 games (Reach, Fable 3 and Rising) that I wanted showed at least 5 plus the 3DS. I can even get Rising on the PS3. I can't see me getting a 360 anytime soon.

I just don't think MS showed enough new games.
  • MaoZedong 4 years ago

Nintendo just made MS look a bit silly.
  • Calgon 4 years ago

smelly nope only childish minded tool would look at it that way, are we to claim that because MS got the online right first Sony and Nintendo "just copied" where MS innovated? No its just a matter of who gets there first, take 3D for example its already a direction we knew gaming could be heading, it was probably Sony who were the first ones to say it and make an effort to implement it in some form or another out for the 3... are Sony leading the way for Nintendo, if we are going to ignore the differences in technology and implementations like you are trying to do?

Get real and before you think of claiming they did it all on their own, Nintendo borrowed alot of the tech for Wiimote from elsewhere too, the Fitness games were done by third parties as is the case with alot MS's games of that nature. Its the developers you're thinking of, yet you are wrapped up in supporting and bashing either side of the platform holders(corporations) in a entirely contradictory way. As in its ok when Nintendo do it but you repeat the same things you defend Ninty against about MS. Quite funny really. :)

• GreyBeard 4 years ago

Solid showing from Nintendo. I liked that even the dodgy Zelda demonstration didn't dent the relaxed feel of the presentation, such a relief after MS horribly over stage-managed effort yesterday.
  • spekkeh 4 years ago

I'm afraid Nintendo are going to have to stick to the much hated friends codes now. I mean, if you can send those 3D pictures of yourself via wifi, I can foresee the ether is going to explode with all the three dimensional penises going round.

Absolutely one of the best E3 presentations ever. Well done Nintendo, I didn't think you still had it in you.
  • MilkYMoO 4 years ago

Exclusive hands on soon on e3.nintendo.com. Drooling too much.
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

Ah lets not get into the innovate and duplicate conversations, all three companies can easily be accused of both. Anyone with common sense knows MS would be stupid to ignore fitness and dance for a product like Natal.
  • smelly 4 years ago

@Calgon - so you're saying one company innnovates, and the other duplicates?

• MilkYMoO 4 years ago

I'm getting far too excited over the 3ds and probably hallucinated those specs earlier. Can someone confirm my earlier rant?.
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

Well that will be true if you prefer games like kirby to stuff like Infamous and KZ... ;) I personally didnt see anything except cats and dogs as something someone in my family would be interested in (from a first party), though there was indeed more third party interest (especially on the 3DS) like ACreed... which would be of interest to me.

• Calgon 4 years ago

@Smelly - No most people defend Nintendo tirelessly even over stuff like Wii fit and then are first in the queue to slate MS for what everyone knew was coming(I mean fitness, dance, sports... not releasing any games like that would be stupid, they need to launch with games like that Id say, core stuff will come in time I think but we'll see).
  • L0cky 4 years ago

@MilkYMoO "3ds has gyroscope, hd screen and its as powerful as a gamecube."

Yeh, there's some good reveals in teh post show stream. One example they gave was that the gyroscope will allow you to look around in a first person shooter, or a racing game.

I had to step out, did they discuss the camera yet? I'm wondering if it has any real time depth perception or if it's just for stereoscopic pictures. If it has depth perception it could do a load of cool augmented reality stuff.
  • MilkYMoO 4 years ago

Last guardian will be awesome, psp 2 would blow me away even more than the 3ds though, if unveiled. Sonys sofware lineup, is highly unlikely to be as good as nintendos. I'd love to be wrong though.
  • jellyBelly 4 years ago

Pretty competent showing from Ninty.

Im there launch day for kirby, DK, epic mickey and 3DS.

I still feel that their Q4 2010 lineup is a bit weak though.

Zelda looked a bit generic and slightly on the clunky side.

I was hoping more fom information about the general game

structure than how to swing a sword...

Vitality sensor MIA?

• makeamazing 4 years ago

The crowd did seem generally more interested in the Nintendo conference than MS's... though there was a few dead spots.
  • smelly 4 years ago

>as far as i'm concerned, MS and Nintendo were about equal in terms of content

uh? Unless you're comparing this years ms content with nintendos content when it demoed wii-fit and everyone moaned?

• makeamazing 4 years ago

Ninty have by far the strongest E3. MS had some good stuff like Gears, Reach and a Crytek exclusive but nothing compared to N's lineup, and there's nothing at all interesting coming from Sony.

@DoctorFraud, I think you need to go and see the DR cause your obviously having some kind of brain issues. ;)

On a more serious point, Isnt it at least best to wait until Sony do their show before you slate it? Good work their DR.

• JahB 4 years ago

as far as i'm concerned, MS and Nintendo were about equal in terms of content (nintendo's presenter didn't suck though). interesting stuff everywhere this year, much better than last year. i hope Sony has some ace up their sleeve to round this up, would be the first in a long time where all 3 show cool stuff.
  • Dizzy 4 years ago

Good conference Nintendo. The Wii going back to 2D is a good idea (and Kirby!)... the 3DS is just plain awesome. Can't see Sony delivering much after this and MS. Some waggle? Some games we all know are coming? Some 3D nonsense? I hope they have some surprises in store.
  • MilkYMoO 4 years ago

3ds has gyroscope, hd screen and its as powerful as a gamecube. e3.nintendo.com, live stream on since end of conference.
  • smelly 4 years ago

3ds Mario kart and Starfox confirmed on e3.nintendo.com!

• smelly 4 years ago

@SeesThroughAll - Im CONVINCED sony will show off a hastly taped together psp2 with 3d screen added in the last month or so.

I'll sit here being smug if i'm right.

• DoctorFraud 4 years ago

Good going, looks like it's time to trade the PS3 in for a Wii/3DS combo.
  • smelly 4 years ago

Power wise - kid ikarus looked like a wii game to me.. But remember, as it's 3d - it needs to render everything twice... So probably twice as powerful as wii.. or something :-)

• SeesThroughAll 4 years ago

Unless Sony has some MASSIVE surprise (such as a new console, or a huge series of unannounced blockbusters), Nintendo won this E3.

At this point, the only thing that could save Sony's conference would be an announcement of an exclusive FFVII remake for the PS3. And even then, I'm not sure...

To be fair, they already announced more new core games than MS even before their conference, though.
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

Well depends on your point of view Alterego... if i see KZ, Infamous, LBP2, Resistance 3, Ico, Agent etc etc... then i will think that is very cool for me, because i prefer those games to what Nintendo showed... BUT i do agree they need to have some surprise of some kind, but it would be a shock if its a new PSP because this kinda stuff usually gets out (look at the new Xbox form factor).
  • Alterego-X 4 years ago

• Kami 4 years ago

Yeah, I hope so too. I also hope they don't try to gloss up the PSPGo!, it's been a disaster and we all know it, don't treat us like idiots and all will be well.

3DS will be super-interesting as it's a DS that's moved itself graphics-wise to the PSP. PSP2? Maybe. Maybe not. You think the hardware is there yet for that?
  • wizlon 4 years ago

Wow, great show. 10/10
  • Dudeofmanynames 4 years ago

MGS and resident evil! 3DS looks awesome, If its powerful enough Id love a Metroid Prime port :p It would give me an excuse to play it again :)
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

As long as Sony dont spend most of the show showing Move they should be ok... Microsoft showed all there core stuff at the start, then spent way too long demonstrating Natal, which i guess was for the press and not really for us gamers watching the videos. Also they didnt have any major surprises (which could be Sonys issue as we all know about what they intend to present at the moment).
  • Lee_Morris 4 years ago

Someone tell Microsoft that's how you do a conference. Lots of games, surprises, a presenter who present and Miyamoto.

Well I suppose you can't have everything ;)

I hope Sony can whack out the games like Nintendo. Who would have thought I'd have been saying that 2 hours ago!?
  • Tallon4 4 years ago

Totally flabbergasted at the 3DS, Amazing stuff!

• JJrabbit 4 years ago

Although the Zelda demo was slightly hindered, the fact that they had playable versions at the front straight after the conference is pretty cool.

Unless Sony have something up their sleeves, I think Nintendo has taken this year's E3.
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

I think if anyone spends too long on graphs they would get slated, If Sony have graphs planned before the event, they would be stupid to still spend time on it :)

I'm glad this year that so far they have changed focus from console waving to "heres what we have".... much better than... were selling more than you!... or other spin that all three did last year.
  • Calgon 4 years ago

Yeah not really a great showing, when the highlight of the show is the 3DS which we already knew about it speaks volumes, it wasn't that bad though just nothing standout we will remember next year for me.

It seemed to drag on in parts and it also got a bit too self congratulatory(more stats than were necessary, how great are we for bring out the Wii... remember that when we brought out the Wii?) but it seems they all do it these days just never thought Nintendo would make MS look good in that regard, theres always Sony to take the buscuit though(we invent gaming now we invent motion control).

7/10

MS was 6/10 good tech but clearly they wanted this years E3 to show they are serious about going for the casual market. Plus were Rare even there, I cant beleive theres not a new Rare game been announced its been ages.

• electrolite 4 years ago

Games? Tick

New hardware? Tick

Graphs? Tick

Technical problems? Tick

Riiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaaaacer? Tick

Could be an E3 classic, this
  • smelly 4 years ago

nintendo havent won yet.. im sure sony with show the psp2 with 3d screen this afternoon

• Der_tolle_Emil 4 years ago

Good conference. More games than graphs this time - and a nice selection too. Looks like 2D gaming is back, which is nice. Too bad the Zelda presentation got screwed by technical issues but I don't really need to see it in motion to know I'll get it on day 1.

Would have hoped to see at least one new IP or at least something that is long overdue (Pikmin, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Star Wing) but it certainly wasn't disappointing. Definitely a huge improvement on their conferences of the last couple of years.

Edit: I was also really surprised by Metroid: Other M. The first announcement left me pretty cold but it did look very nice today.
  • Kami 4 years ago

It looks like a DS Widge, but it's had a graphical kick up the backside. The top screen is widescreen, and it has an analog pad above the usual dpad as well. Also has two cameras to take 3D photos, and on-board storage for sharing and downloading content for your games.

And does it deserve swearing? Damn right it does. Zelda seems okay but I was hoping for less waggle bull, which I know was a long shot hope but still, and "technical difficulties" didn't give us a good indication or demonstration of it either. Kid Icarus was something I never thought I'd see again - but here it is... and those graphics are definitely more slick and polished, so the whole system must have had a serious jolt up the rear in terms of graphical power.

I would have liked to have seen more though for the 3DS. More games really, Resident Evil has me sold on one already (I know, I know, I am a glutton for punishment) but I'd like to have seen it in action.

Still, less graphs and more games. Zelda, Metroid, Mario and Kid Icarus. I'd say this was a good showing from Nintendo, but I'm going to reserve judgement on Zelda until someone tries it out themselves and works out if those difficulties they had in the demo are one-offs in a live environment, or just because it's going to be an ugly pig of a title to play... the beetle in particular worries me as a mechanic - lovely idea, but will it be forgiving if you're a degree or so off?

And if there's no Deku Bowling, there will be trouble.
  • CallousB 4 years ago

I'm not sure if it's available in the UK yet...but you can get 3D photo's developed into lenticular cards for a few quid in other countries.

Could be a fun extra for the 3DS.
  • Zoink 4 years ago

3DS looked nice - glowed round the middle when closed, and there was an analogue control above the d-pad?
  • RobotRocker 4 years ago

Nintendo: "COMPARE YOUR CONFERENCES TO OURS AND THEN KILL YOURSELVES"
  • MoGamer2006 4 years ago

*Clearly* the problems with Zelda were due to tech problems - jeez! You think Nintendo would intentionally open the show with the game performing like that?
  • smallvillefan 4 years ago

That kicked ALL kinds of ass. Wall to wall games with only the forced 3DS hyping with no substance to it letting things down. Great show Nintendo.

Kind of ironic that Nintendo had the games focused show after Microsoft drown us in gimmicks yesterday. I'm almost scared as to what will happen next.
  • MoGamer2006 4 years ago

Good mix of stuff, 3DS looks interesting, good stuff - Ninty back on E3 form after a few duff shows.
  • Incarta 4 years ago

Not bad at all! And no vitality sensor in sight.
  • Rens11 4 years ago

Nintendo's conference was pretty good year I thought they were going to be onto a shocker with the somewhat lacklusture controls response in Zelda and showing off wii party but then it picked up mid way with Donkey Kong and of course the 3ds! lets hope the controls in Zelda were due to interferance and the early build!
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

I thought it was a pretty normal Nintendo showing really, not that great..a bit boring....for me... though they did show alot of different games i guess, but i think one of their problems is that they have to cater for both wii and DS and i think that makes their show worse in some respect.

EDIT what a surprise, getting negged for an opinion... looks like Nintendo's core audience isnt aimed at adults.
  • peteb 4 years ago

Iwata should have said "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer" When it came up.

That would have been hilarious. :D

Great show Nintendo. Innovation is not dead it seems!
  • mkreku 4 years ago

Thank you, Ellie!

I must say I was impressed by Kirby and Epic Mickey. Those two looked awesome!

But Zelda? Didn't it look kind of.. bland?
  • smelly 4 years ago

Yeah.. something for everyone this year there.. nothing just for casuals.. lots of games, no abbundance of sales figures.. No vitality sensor!

Even had a grey and brown dull fps game!

Lots of 2d platformers.. which is GREAT for me! yay!

• Raiko101 4 years ago

Woo. I'm a happy chappy!
  • I\'mListening 4 years ago

A pretty decent showing from Ninty this year
  • smelly 4 years ago

I liked how everyone laughed when they saw saints row for the 3ds..
  • smelly 4 years ago

e3.nintendo.com now for another reveal - apparently.

• Gaol 4 years ago

Solid stuff from Nintendo. More games and less waggle this year.
  • smelly 4 years ago

e3.nintendo.com now for another reveal - apparently.

• SeesThroughAll 4 years ago

I'm buying it!!!!

How much?
  • smelly 4 years ago

this is like the american version of deal or no deal

• makeamazing 4 years ago

Bet the crowd thought they were getting a 3DS, but there not :)

I'd ride that tour.

Starfox!
  • Widge 4 years ago

Whats the 3DS looking like? No stream here. Sleek, nicely portable?
  • laharl80 4 years ago

I'm gonna be very torn between buying a 3DS or a PSP2(if its announced).
    Might have to get both.
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

Seriously Kami do you really need to swear just because its a 3d screen... crazy...

Edit: So getting negged because some people think its bad to point out that people really shouldnt be just swearing all over the place... seriously... grow up
  • VicViper 4 years ago

Well I can see myself upgrading to a 3DS from my current Lite if nothing else because the 3DS makes the other too pointless, as long as my currently library is still playable (not pointing names PSPGo) then happy days.

Still probaly never going to break down and get a Wii but I think of nintendo as my go to DS guys anyway these days.
  • Kami 4 years ago

• laharl80 4 years ago

Thats an impressive list of titles.
    Much more adult than the DS.
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

Nintendogs & Cats - that's the wife's Xmas pressie sorted...

Thats my daughters present sorted, as long as its for the normal DS... dont tell me i have to get a new Ds ;)
  • MoGamer2006 4 years ago

Nintendogs & Cats - that's the wife's Xmas pressie sorted...

It is out this year, right? RIGHT!?!?!
  • Zomoniac 4 years ago

The one announcement that might have been interesting is of something that nobody can even remotely appreciate without being in front of one. How bloody useful.
  • Calgon 4 years ago

FooAtari the only thing confirmed is your own insecurity son, I was actually quite positive and objective enough to see the quality even though I cant see myself playing alot of the content shown. You on the otherhand took a simple opinion based on my own preferences as an attack on yourself.

You've just made yourself look like the biggest hypocrit and an idiot to boot(talking about all kinds of BS nobody ever said, I've no problem with colourful games or games aimed at 'everyone' either providing they are compelling and engaging enough for me). Good day to you! ;)

• laharl80 4 years ago

I loved Ulysses 31!
    I'd buy that game but not Kid Icarus.

3DS saved E3.

Thanks Nintendo.
  • smelly 4 years ago

>Uh, is this for Wii or 3DS?

3ds of course... duh!

• Monkey_Puncher 4 years ago

Personally I'm not really keen on any of these games. They've definitely beaten Microsoft though on shear amount of new games announced.

My feed broke off just as Redgie was about to get the 3DS out though :(

KID IKARUS!!! FUCK YEAH!

Day one!

BARK LIKE A DOG!
  • L0cky 4 years ago

Uh, is this for Wii or 3DS?
  • JahB 4 years ago

i always wanted a new kid icarus game. looking at that trailer, i wish they would have left it...

Kid Icarus!
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

Anyway just *** me off that people seem to think running around as macho marines blowing the heads off off things is so 'mature

Well it all depends on how its done.... but having a cute little fluffy thing doesnt do it for me, and perhaps i am too old... but i know a 24 year old that likes animal crossing, and i am like WHY ;)

But why get angry at someone elses opinion on games.

• SeesThroughAll 4 years ago

(Finally) decent graphics, 3D, stereo camera to make anaglyphs, movie downloads... well played Nintendo! :)

Price?
  • L0cky 4 years ago

And 3D Movies, didn't even think about that. nice they've actually got some decent partnerships for that.
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

ha ha, I know this is racist, but 'there is now no need to wear grasses' is pretty hilarious in my book.
  • sneetch 4 years ago

@Gaol

I'm still watching it, try refreshing, restarting the browser, praying, whatever, it's the most awesome thing ever! Actually, no gameplay so far. ;)
  • CallousB 4 years ago

3D movies..oh yeah baby.

Day one.
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

Every E3, I think Ninty should stick to handhelds and making platformers for other systems. And I know I'll get crucified in here for saying that.
  • FooAtari 4 years ago

FooAtari says the guy who just had a lil tantrum over nothing? Heed your own advice you defensive lil boy.

Age confirmed.

Anyway just pisses me off that people seem to think running around as macho marines blowing the heads off off things is so 'mature'

You must have some issues if you would find it hard to admit you like games like Mario Sports Mix. Personally not my thing, but the colorful graphics wouldn't bother me should I enjoy the gameplay.
  • Gaol 4 years ago

Brilliant, gametrailers stream goes kaput right on the 3ds announcement.
  • JJrabbit 4 years ago

Take your own 3D photos? That's pretty slick
  • L0cky 4 years ago

Argh, show gameplay you tease :p

• kinky_mong 4 years ago

Donkey Kong Country Returns has got me all a quiver. Nintendo have beaten Microsoft's conference hands-down for me.

Analogue nub!

3. D. S.
  • sneetch 4 years ago

@woodnotes

That brief trailer doesn't look as good as an 18 year old game? Surprised to hear that from someone who won't even play Metroid unless it's in HD.

Anyway, looking good I think, another for the buy list I think.

Edit: 16 years old. My, how time flies.
  • Calgon 4 years ago

Reggie made everyone in the room wearing glasses cry. :(
  • FooAtari 4 years ago

Calgon, grow the hell up man. You sound like a 15 year old who thinks he's a man already.

Cmon, Mario 3DS
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

I loves me some Donkey Kong Country. Wonder if it comes with a britpop cd like the original?
  • woodnotes 4 years ago

Doesn't look as good as the Rare originals IMO
  • woodnotes 4 years ago

Donkey Kong from Retro - GIGATON
  • evad_lhorg 4 years ago

now metroid looks sweet. Here comes donkey kong
  • Slipstream 4 years ago

16:15:21 -

"We're having a little interference here. Is somebody out there using wireless?" Er not us honest.

Haha it's Apple all over again xD
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

Metroid looks a bit ropey on the Wii engine, Gamecube version looked better didn't it?
  • woodnotes 4 years ago

Metroid looks literally AWESOME.

But they need to bring out a Wii HD or I'll never play it. No way I'm going back to SD again on my 40".
  • Calgon 4 years ago

I dunno some of these games look like they will be big hits with the younger and casual audiences I'll give them that, just nothing that I can see myself playing(although Id probably have a blast of that mickey game if I could I admit).
  • woodnotes 4 years ago

It's telling that a 2D platform game with a pink blob is the only thing that's excited me so far during this press conference.
  • Dan234 4 years ago

Have they given up demonstrating controls because everyone in the hall's got bluetooth on?
  • mumblyjoe 4 years ago

New mario and zelda, big shock there then...
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

It looks perfect for kids.... for me it doesnt look very good
  • FladgeMangle 4 years ago

Make that three LOLs for the Kirby bollock ref.

If I wasn't married and grotesque....
  • L0cky 4 years ago

@Gaol "Grown men whooping at Kirby :/ "

Yet it looks really good :p
  • CallousB 4 years ago

I can't believe Kirby is my fave thing they have shown. Very different.
  • Gaol 4 years ago

Grown men whooping at Kirby :/

LittleBigKirby.
  • FladgeMangle 4 years ago

"When I grow up, I certainly do indeed want to have boobies."

"But can he draw big nobs on the walls?"

Double neighbour-baiting LOL to Ellie and we're only half an hour in. Brilliant!

Zelda screens available elsewhere (ahem, Kotaku.com). Looks...er... fine.
  • Calgon 4 years ago

lol @ the serious tone and then the kirby picture.
  • evad_lhorg 4 years ago

lol Reggie just called himself a hardened gamer
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

ha ha, Reggie thinks Ninty keep their franchises 'fresh'. Bless.
  • makeamazing 4 years ago

I know they're not finished yet but i don't think im their target audience anymore : (

The first console i brought this gen was a wii, and to be honest i am pretty convinced that i am too old to appreciate Nintendo s games... they are very cartoony and (dont get upset) kiddy for me i think... the only DS game i probably would buy would be GTA... Wii games well nothing really these days.

mickey looks okay.

• CallousB 4 years ago

Looks like they are getting interference again. The pointer is jumping all over the place on Epic Mickey.
  • L0cky 4 years ago

lol, did they just show a pair of Mickey ears as a peripheral?
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

Loving the art direction on the Mickey game. I'll never buy it mind.
  • Calgon 4 years ago

coolbritannia I was being sarcastic anyway, he hates MS but owns a 360.
  • L0cky 4 years ago

Mickey is looking interesting...
  • riceNpea 4 years ago

i wish they used the MickeyMouse from South Park. ho ho!
  • Calgon 4 years ago

This looks alright I suppose but that reps smarmy american pie tone is grating.
  • kinky_mong 4 years ago

"Activision's new Goldeneye"

Everytime I read that a little bit of sick comes up into my mouth.
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

Calgon, I was quoting someone else.
  • JJrabbit 4 years ago

smelly, do you have a Wii?
  • sneetch 4 years ago

Hey! Wrong Bond! We want the man from Navan!* ;)

* By we I mean I. :p
  • smelly 4 years ago

meh.. golden eye.. dull carbon copy fps.. now nitnendo are copying microsoft!
  • sargeant_samporridge 4 years ago

what the hell have they done to golden eye, talk about urinating on a treasure
  • jonbwfc 4 years ago

Jesus this E3 is depressing. Is anyone doing anything that's actually NEW?
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

It's a shit game, they've called Goldeneye?
  • Nikanoru 4 years ago

Wow, there are really people who think they'd have tried to show the zelda game if it was really still as clumsy as that? Anyone really, seriously thinks it's not because of something going wrong during the presentation, and its just because of the game? Wow holy fuck, some fantards are really taking the piss now. I thought I'd seen it all.
  • riceNpea 4 years ago

focus group?! where are the 30 somethings? isnt 35 the average gamer age or something?
  • Calgon 4 years ago

coolbritannia how dare you suggest Smelly has bias against MS he owns a 360 dammit!!!! HE OWNS A 360 and even has a gamertag!

• NeonStorm 4 years ago

Golden Sun has sort of numbed the pain of seeing a new Just Dance announced I suppose...
  • Senate 4 years ago

• smelly 4 years ago

>Smelly and Anthony Daniels DOUBLE TEAMING Microsoft.

Dont need to.. Microsoft are obviously nintendo fanboys.. Whatever i see here today, microsoft will be copying in 4 years time (as seen yesterday).

• sneetch 4 years ago

@laharl80

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that there were technical issues there, the controller wasn't communicating correctly for whatever reason. From the fact that he was showing it it's obvious that the controls are supposed to work they just didn't there. The schadenfreude on this comments thread over it is a bit saddening.
  • RobTheBuilder 4 years ago

I love that my job means looking at E3 updates is technically work :D

NOT updating automatically I should add.
  • evad_lhorg 4 years ago

lol wii party....
  • Markitron 4 years ago

This is heading for a bigger fail than last year, they have turned their best hope into a bland broken joke. Did anybody else notice the non-reaction to the end-demo zelda trailer?
  • MORZTAN 4 years ago

This is full of socks
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

>Smelly and Anthony Daniels DOUBLE TEAMING Microsoft. Fuck me, how does Gates sleep at night with these two internet warriors on his case?

Got them both on ignore, am I missing the good stuff?
  • woodnotes 4 years ago

Wii Party lol
  • Calgon 4 years ago

Haven't they done that already coolbritannia? You know they will eat Mario Sports Mix up though, makes no diff to me just because it doesn't interest me I can see who it's aimed at.

/Genuine question

Haha - Here come the stats, I was pleased to see MS not spend hardly any time on the stats game this time around, shame Nintendo couldnt resist.
  • L0cky 4 years ago

Did he say Zelda was the headline announcement?

Where's the 3DS?
  • brigadier 4 years ago

Mario Sports Mix? Isn't that a packet of sweets?
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

Really Reggie? More people bought games for the fastest selling console ever in it's first 48 months than for any of it's slower selling competitors? Dur...
  • Mark1412 4 years ago

Less graphs more games. DO NOT CARE WHO INTENDS TO BUY A WII.
  • captainrentboy 4 years ago

Edit- Holy shit! A sports compilation on the Wii featuring Mario and pals, get out of here. How long did that brainstorming session take?

Edit 2- Another!!! Sports compilation title announced :) The variety on show boggles the mind.
  • laharl80 4 years ago

You got to feel for Miyamoto.
    Biggest reveal ruined like that.
  • riceNpea 4 years ago

mario sports mix! how exciting! paint drying! how exciting!
  • woodnotes 4 years ago

The Wii graphics are looking really dated now - especially that Mario Sports Mix game.
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

Oh wow, Mario characters but in a sports game, genius
  • Camorrista 4 years ago

Maybe Shiggy is a robot and his Wi-Fi was messing with the reception? It's make sense.
  • Calgon 4 years ago

Reggie looks a bit like The Rock, are they related?
  • Camorrista 4 years ago

No, perma-grit sucks. Mix it up.
  • evad_lhorg 4 years ago

Pity they changed the graphical style. it's very wind waker like but not full on. I wish they had have went the gritty way of twilight princess
  • L0cky 4 years ago

Yup, should have left it to a trailer for now.
  • smelly 4 years ago

At least they showed it real time, unlike microsofts fake kenetic videos where actions happened before people did them.

• coolbritannia 4 years ago

Trailer looks much, much better than the demo. Impressive.
  • Camorrista 4 years ago

tnt, I think you're confusing usernames or something.

Anyway, I'm sure the vitality sensor you need to have attached surgically to your heart muscle influences the precision. Shiggy's just nervous right now and the game punishes him for that.
  • Markitron 4 years ago

That looked awful, i could switch between items just fine in OoT aswell
  • woodnotes 4 years ago

NEXT YEAR LOL

Looking forward to it my ass.
  • riceNpea 4 years ago

i feel sick. this is terrible. make it stop! its like watching Bambi being molested
  • L0cky 4 years ago

It's ironic that Reggie opened the conference with a build up speech about how everyone else was showcasing technology; but technology is not important, it's all about the experience.

Now Zelda comes on and shows the technology is important to the experience...
  • sargeant_samporridge 4 years ago

Yet again nintedo failed at E3
  • FenderMaster 4 years ago

New Zelda doesn't look or sound like anything radically different or original... i guess the sword fighting inputs are actually proper gestures now, rather than just tilting the analog and waggle... Hope it feels fresh... though even if it doesn't, we're all going to buy it anyway!
  • Camorrista 4 years ago

Note to self: Don't play in areas with radio waves, near a running engine or a slightly warm piece of toast.

The waves ruin the controls! And your body fluids.
  • tnt_2008smum 4 years ago

>"Bombs, slingshots, arrows - this is going to be the exact same game again, just with one (1) new gimmick bolted on, right?"

Could say the same about the new halo...

and you do at every chance!
  • sneetch 4 years ago

Looks beautiful, crisper graphics than Twilight Princess, any issues with the controls will be fixed before it's released.
  • smelly 4 years ago

oh dear - this is painful...

• coolbritannia 4 years ago

I guess Zelda is a lot like Halo. Basically subtle updates of the same game each time. I love Halo though, playing Zelda with that control scheme would do my head in.
  • Calgon 4 years ago

HAHA Wii is broken and laggy and and all that.

Edit: PS I think lag will be a huge problem, I seen lag for sure there, confirmation Wii is going to fail soon.

...BTW not to be taken seriously before somebody cries at me, Im just doing my best MS hater impression, pretty good isnt it? ;)
  • L0cky 4 years ago

Ellie, put your laptop on the ground!! muahaha
  • Markitron 4 years ago

This is like watching a slow-motion abortion, its broken
  • riceNpea 4 years ago

theyre blaming peoples wireless devices lol
  • evad_lhorg 4 years ago

oh ffs, interference my ass
  • smelly 4 years ago

Could say the same about the new halo...

• L0cky 4 years ago

@woodnotes, I'm hoping the excessive hud is for the presentation only.
  • smelly 4 years ago

>Also, whole screen covered in HUD - wtf is that all about?

it's an e3 demo, to show journalists what to do the minute tehy get to it...

• riceNpea 4 years ago

surely they calibrated it before the show. its getting awkward

• coolbritannia 4 years ago

And with that, Spiders laid bare the failure of Wii's control scheme.
  • Camorrista 4 years ago

• smelly 4 years ago

zelda controls seem to be broke...

• Markitron 4 years ago

I fail to see how that control scheme is any better than twilight princess
  • evad_lhorg 4 years ago

Zelda looks crap.
  • woodnotes 4 years ago

Zelda looks dodgy. Is the main team working on this one? Also, whole screen covered in HUD - wtf is that all about?
  • sneetch 4 years ago

Might be the location of the sensor bar, wherever it is. Wouldn't be surprised if it's upside down or something. :)
  • Lionheart 4 years ago

Iz preferrz Xbox??
  • L0cky 4 years ago

So nice, a new zelda. But Shigsy is embarrasing himself with less that responsive controls :/
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

Shigsy doesn't appear to have that precise a control over the sword. What he's doing isn't matching the footage.
  • riceNpea 4 years ago

it doesnt work. not very impressive so far
  • Praetorianer 4 years ago

Oh noes...somethings wrong?!
  • riceNpea 4 years ago

its japanese Mike Myers!
  • sneetch 4 years ago

Words cannot express how much I love that music (Zelda).
  • Incarta 4 years ago

Ellie's commentry yesterday was highly amusing. Oh, and tonight's dinner is Steak and Ale pie. I shall be eatting that while reading.
  • Praetorianer 4 years ago

Raise it!
  • Praetorianer 4 years ago

OMG here we go, Reggie!
  • kinky_mong 4 years ago

Apparently the first game to incorporate Wii MotionPlus technology was Virtua Tennis 2009. This means I will have to make a call to the Guinness Book of Records shortly and inform them that the spread I turned in last week is factually inaccurate.

Wouldn't let it bother you Ellie, you get away with it in reviews anyway.
  • stephenb 4 years ago

Ellie, watching the live stream now. Do some jumping jacks so we know where you are \o/
  • Praetorianer 4 years ago

I like the music!

• CallousB 4 years ago

A video just ran on Nintendo's E3 feed saying there will be exclusive stuff on the Wii's Nintendo Channel after the show.
  • riceNpea 4 years ago

fanboys dont sit on seats. they sit on high horses
  • coolbritannia 4 years ago

I'm expecting hardcore FPS action from Nintendo, seeing as though m$ stole the kids games.
  • Kilroy 4 years ago

Hmmm, this thing doesn't update for me. The hell?
  • kobashi 4 years ago

Hoping for Donkey Kong Country on Wii and DS. New 3-D mario on launch for 3DS!!
  • tomkuryakin 4 years ago

I'd like a new Fire Emblem game, please.
  • Razz 4 years ago

F Zero 3DS please
  • darleysam 4 years ago

Guitar Her 78?

Maybe you should wait until 9pm to put that one up.
  • Markitron 4 years ago

I also hate how americans pronounce Nokia. Europeans get to decide how to pronounce a Europen company name!
  • CallousB 4 years ago

Pachter changed his mind last week and said Wii HD wasn't happening (perhaps Nintendo will announce it just to spite him).
  • Quixz 4 years ago

Michael pachter was right about the Xbox slim now all we need is a Wii HD! I would would probably buy one.
  • FenderMaster 4 years ago

What about Nintendo fans who also like to complain about Nintendo? We are many!!
  • geeza2020 4 years ago

hopefully they will stick their waggly sticks up their arses and fuck off while they're doing it.

/withnail
  • CallousB 4 years ago

It must be exciting for Microsoft fans to watch Nintendo's conference this year....

..it's like time travelling to see Microsoft's Kinect line-up at E3 2011/2012.
  • peterfll 4 years ago

More Ellie, less graphs and stats.
  • Mkwone 4 years ago

I honestly don't know what i want from a nintendo conference. I'm hoping for a bargain price and BC for the 3DS in which case i might get one. but asides from that i don't mind.

Rearlly should get into the wii more.
  • koopa 4 years ago

Golden Sun DS is definitely happening since it was shown last year.
  • FogHeart 4 years ago

@TonyHarrison: Yeah, you're right, the only way they could do it is to give one to every....oh, no, not again.

I hate gaming journos.
  • TonyHarrison 4 years ago

One important thing to remember is that unless Nintendo pull off some kind of camera trickery, we won't be seeing any of the 3D effect on the 3DS until it's in our own hands, and we won't get any kind of real impression of it until it's in the hands of journos...

Just a reminder before the inevitable hysterics...
  • TruSmiles 4 years ago

Yeah, hoping for some Golden Sun love this E3.
  • FenderMaster 4 years ago

new core I.P. please!

Mario is great and all, but I don't want a Mario game every year...

also

StarFox would be cool... how about Golden Sun?
  • Retro_ 4 years ago

Maybe ninty will announce their new machine, the P00
  • L0cky 4 years ago

I'm hoping for a solid Mario game to launch with the 3DS.

Using the types of genius from Galaxy, Super Paper Mario and New SMB to leverage the 3D for gameplay and effectively delivering the manual to third party devs on how to use the 3DS appropriately to make better games rather than gimmickry.
  • FladgeMangle 4 years ago

New Zelda footage with the Conan the Barbarian "Riders of Doom" music again. That'll keep me happy for months.

Ta.
  • Cheddar99 4 years ago

Call the 3ds a gameboy (something) and I'll buy it.
  • Markitron 4 years ago

I realised last night that I wasnt as excited by a new Zelda as I should be. Dont get me wrong im sure ill play and love it but that moment when you stepped out onto hyrule field for the first time in OoT will be almost unachievable on Wii harware. I dont think its capable of that kind of scale. I would say this generations equivalent would be reaching the top of the hotel in Uncharted 2
  • macmurphy 4 years ago

Pikimin 3 and Pilotwings. Do it Shiggsy, do it.

Edit: @ Dolly. I'd never really thought about that but yeah, their community integration is naff and Wii speak sounds like you're all on a submarine. If they could retrospectively add decent voice chat to smash bros, Mariokart and SMB Wii, I'd be really happy. Never going to happen though, but Ninty usually get there in the end, so hopefully in the next generation we'll get it.
  • Mr_Bogus 4 years ago

@tossetaz: Microsoft already announced the Wii HD yesterday.
  • 52pickup 4 years ago

Just keep the VP of sales & marketing away from the conference,or at least get someone else. I cannot stand another minute of that woman who talks too much.
  • Dolly 4 years ago

If a boy is allowed to dream, I would love it if the big N decided to 'do an Apple' as it now seems to be called, and say that from midnight tonight every Wii owner in the world would be able to download a new Firmware. This firmware would actually be a half decent copy of Live/PSN, where you can see what games people you know are playing and does away with friend codes. I still enjoy playing my Wii now and again, but it just feels somehow 'lonely' being on it, after spending time on my PS3 and 360.

Will never happen, but surely it wouldn't be that unrealistic/difficult for them to implement on the hardware?
  • mkreku 4 years ago

Go on then Ellie. I've been to a job interview today and I could really use a laugh.
  • tossetaz 4 years ago

Wii HD - i called it!
  • FogHeart 4 years ago

She likes Metroid?

....is she seeing anyone?

Edit: Oh. It's true what they say, all the good ones are already taken.
  • koopa 4 years ago

Tell her I said hi.
  • Collymilad 4 years ago

Hang on.

My mum will want to see this, wait while I get her.
  • FogHeart 4 years ago

For the Wii I am very worried that it's limited to what we already know - SMG2, Metroid, and that goddam vitality sensor. But I live in hope.

Let's practice our spelling though, one s and two p's.....dis-app-ointed....diSaPP
    ointed. Disappointed.

Don't make me write it again, Ninty :(

• bodypopper 4 years ago

Just a long shot but I predict new games for old, old characters/franchises and some Wii and handheld news. And an emphasis on fun as opposed to hardcore geekery.

The same goes for next year.
  • jonsaan 4 years ago

genuinely excited to see the new DS. I hope they have something more than a load of new wii colours!
  • CallousB 4 years ago

"Is there really absolutely no chance of a new console? "

They won't release a new console in the same year as a new handheld.

Of course...if the 3DS is far more powerful that the Wii..it could allow you to connect the Wii via USB to the 3DS , the 3DS then reads the Wii disc data and outputs the games in 720p via a HDMI port (that won't happen..but it's a nice dream).
  • Kazzahdrane 4 years ago

Have been playing Darksiders recently and really enjoying it.

So come on Nintendo, surprise me with a Zelda game that isn't just antiquated 90's gameplay wrapped in beautiful 480p visuals. I'd love a Zelda title with truly current gen gameplay with that magical Nintendo touch.
  • peteb 4 years ago

@brigadier

Do you mean a Slim Wii Console or a new slimming game designed for the Wii? :-P

After last night I can't tell
  • brigadier 4 years ago

Wii Slim.
  • LazyDan 4 years ago

A new Starfox/Starwing/Lylat Wars that isn't gash would make me shit my pants. I'm talking N64 quality. The N64 one was magic because it was cinematic without being about the plot. Later incarnations made the game revolve around the story, which was always fairly weak, hence resulting in a weak game.

A co-op, all action, cinematic one-liner fest would be perfect.

And I said it last year, so I'll say it again: A 4 player co-op update of Super Mario Bros 2 - I got close with NSMB:Wii, but that was just running from right to left featuring other players. Using the mechanics of Super Mario Bros 2 I want some Mario flavoured co-op puzzle solving. There's a locked door on a very high platform! The key is over a large hole! Peach must use her floaty jump to get across the hole, grab the key, come back, pass it to Luigi who can then use his high jump to get to the door and unlock it. BAM!

Or 4-swords. GIVE ME CO-OP!
  • Mr_Bogus 4 years ago

Is this when Nintendo announces "the motion fad has come & gone, our next console is going back to gamepads"?
  • the_dudefather 4 years ago

if they made a Zelda game that looked at least as good as Wind Waker I'd be happy :)

also if they changed it up a bit
  • koopa 4 years ago

I wanna see WTF has Retro been working on for the last couple of years, also have some big expectations for the new Zelda as they said it was gonna be a redesign of the franchise...

Those two titles will probably be the talk of the conference, along with 3DS of course...
  • CallousB 4 years ago

Goldeneye,

Wii Relax (vitality sensor),

Wii Party,

Zelda (trailer),

Epic Mickey,

Maybe Donkey kong (wii or 3DS)

3DS+ 3DS software

..and a couple of games for the DS (Pokemon Black +white/ a mainstream casual title)

I think that's their conferenec in a nutshell.

They'll have plenty more stuff on display.....but they'll hide away most of their interesting stuff in a dark corner (Last story, Golden Sun etc)...so you'll end up thinking the conference sucked..and that after a bit of searching you'll wonder why on earth they left so much decent stuff out.
  • MilkYMoO 4 years ago

F-zero for 3ds. I'll pre-order one straight away if that happens.
  • sneetch 4 years ago

With their announced upcoming games and recent releases all I want from Nintendo now is Zelda footage.

And Pikmin 3.

And a surprise title.

And loads more. ;)
  • 52pickup 4 years ago

We've had 2 Galaxies,Metroids and Zeldas this gen. Any chance we can have 2 Mario Karts Nintendo?
  • killyourtv 4 years ago

Hopefully Zelda gameplay footage.
  • peteb 4 years ago

Introducing "Duke Nukem Forever", a Wii and 3DS Exclusive.
  • Darren 4 years ago

I'd love to see some footage of the new Zelda game, that alone would make the entire Nintendo conference worthwhile even if nothing else was announced! :D
  • roquey 4 years ago

@Kilroy add nes/snes games to that and it has to be a winner.
  • Kilroy 4 years ago

lavalant-> I'd drop my pants and rub myself if Nintendo announced a Virtual Arcade for DSi, with Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games. Link's Awakening ought to be on DS! :(
  • Lee_Morris 4 years ago

Ellie's comment + a live stream from somewhere = perfect E3 spectating.

I'm really interested to see Zelda of course but Nintendo has been throwing in a few hardcore surprises over the last couple of years so I must hyped for expected unknown!
  • lavalant 4 years ago

I'm hoping for a return of Gameboy.
  • Kilroy 4 years ago

Colourful language is the only thing that managed to make Microsoft's conference seem anything other than a waste of time. So bring it on, Ellie!
  • Nuronv 4 years ago

"Eurogamer's Ellie Gibson will be providing her usual colourful commentary"

I think the "colourful" language will be used a lot this E3
  • LazyDan 4 years ago

Argh, why'd this have to start while I'm at work?!

EDIT: Time for a crafty strategy of monitor positioning and busy-looking typing into notepad.

16:39 By Tom Bramwell

Ellie's inside the auditorium and we'll be ready to go at 5pm BST.

16:46 By Tom Bramwell

Good morning, Nintendo fans! And non-Nintendo fans who are just here to complain.

16:47 By Tom Bramwell

We are in the Nokia Theatre, or "Nokeyaa Theerder" as it's pronounced here in sunny LA. Where it's actually a bit grey this morning, but misty LA just doesn't have the same ring to it.

16:48 By Tom Bramwell

Curiously, the stage and surrounding areas are lit with a sort of PlayStation blue rather than traditional Nintendo red. Or perhaps they're paying tribute and it's a Eurogamer blue? Perhaps.

16:49 By Tom Bramwell

The conference is pretty packed. Haven't spotted any big names yet though.

16:49 By Tom Bramwell

Wonder what's going on backstage right now. Just picture the scene: Cammie checking her white trouser suit for stains, Reggie practicing his pronunciation of "Maorio", Iwata fiddling anxiously with his Vitality Sensor...

16:51 By Tom Bramwell

They are keeping us entertained, theoretically, with multiple choice trivia questions on the big screen. It's like Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, except ironically, we can't win anything, and everyone at Nintendo IS a millionaire!

16:51 By Tom Bramwell

Who is the creator of Dragon Quest, trivia fans?

16:51 By Tom Bramwell

Yep, Yuji Hori. Well done. You win nothing.

16:53 By Tom Bramwell

(Housekeeping announcement! We have previews of a bunch of big games - XCOM! True Crime! The Force Unleashed II! Guitar Hero 78! - going live at 6pm BST, so if you're interested in those look for them there in an hour.)

16:52 By Tom Bramwell

(Back to Gibbo.) It will be very interesting to see how Nintendo will respond to yesterday's revelations, what with Ubisoft doing a Vitality Sensor and Microsoft doing a... Well, everything really.

16:53 By Tom Bramwell

What would you like to see, readers? New Zelda? More Mario? Don't know about you, but I am crossing my fingers for Women's Murder Club 2!

16:54 By Tom Bramwell

What is the number of years an average player has been playing videogames, trivia fans?

16:54 By Tom Bramwell

12 years! Just imagine that.

16:55 By Tom Bramwell

I am sitting next to GamesIndustry.biz editor Matt Martin again. What are your predictions for the Nintendo conference, Matt? "They've got to show new Zelda, or there will be violence in the seats. Fanboys will start throwing them at Reggie."

16:56 By Tom Bramwell

Matt is also predicting some nice pie charts about women and old people. "I'm hoping for pie charts, but I'll settle for a graph." Top industry analysis there.

16:56 By Tom Bramwell

Wonder if Michael Pachter is here? What can you see in your wondrous crystal ball, Michael? "He's probably predicting a 4DS right now," says Matt.

16:58 By Tom Bramwell

16:58 By Tom Bramwell

Wonder if Miyamoto's here? Wonder if he's going to the APB party tonight? We've heard there's going to be a topless band. Almost certainly, then.

16:59 By Tom Bramwell

Wonder if Nintendo will try to match Microsoft's stunt yesterday by giving everyone here a free 3DS? Or a free HD Wii? Or a free Satoru Iwata?

17:01 By Tom Bramwell

It's starting! There's a big countdown on the screen. 10...9...8...

17:02 By Tom Bramwell

Reggie's here! Looking dapper in a suit that probably isn't from Mr Byrite.

17:02 By Tom Bramwell

"For gamers, this is the best week of the year. You can just feel the buzz in the air, and as usual, that buzz begins with technology."

17:03 By Tom Bramwell

"The headlines just seem to spin on technology. But this morning, let me adjust that perspective just a little bit, because technology is only a tool. The end product, the thing that does matter, is the experience." Well said, Don Mattress! Oh hang on

17:03 By Tom Bramwell

"Here at E3, with thousands of people battling to see and try everything at once, considering the experience is the only real way to make sense of it all. We intend to show you how Nintendo, once again, is raising the bar" DING DING DING you can tick off raising the bar on your Buzzword Bingo card.

17:04 By Tom Bramwell

It's a Zelda trailer! There's Link, standing in a field!

17:04 By Tom Bramwell

He draws his sword, then his bow and arrow. It's called The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword.

17:04 By Tom Bramwell

Miyamoto is on-screen now. "I think this game will be remembered as a key turning point in Zelda's history."

17:05 By Tom Bramwell

He's holding that sword and shield again.

17:05 By Tom Bramwell

They have turned into the Wii remote and nunchuk now. "With a sword this light, you can move it around as you like."

17:06 By Tom Bramwell

MotionPlus will be used for selecting items - press the B button.

17:06 By Tom Bramwell

A bloke called Bill [Trinen] is on stage now. The Miyamoto video has finished. Bill's showing us how Zelda works.

17:07 By Tom Bramwell

MotionPlus turns the remote into your sword.

17:07 By Tom Bramwell

Miyamoto just burst onto the stage. He's here after all!

17:07 By Tom Bramwell

"You know what, I think I'll explain it myself." Probably best.

17:08 By Tom Bramwell

"Just imagine you are holding a sword and a shield yourself." Z to lock-on, C to shield bash, A to put your sword away.

17:08 By Tom Bramwell

Miyamoto shows how you can swing and slash your sword. Pressing Z targets.

17:08 By Tom Bramwell

On-screen, Link is in a woodland glade, populated by some big funky mushrooms. Dare you to eat one, Link. Then play the Mario Kart Rainbow Road track.

17:09 By Tom Bramwell

Now Link is slashing away at them big flowers with the gaping mouths and razor-sharp teeth that Freud would probably find really interesting,

17:09 By Tom Bramwell

You can do swing attacks by swinging both hands together in the same direction.

17:10 By Tom Bramwell

Link's found a door with an eye in it. Stab the eye, Link!

17:10 By Tom Bramwell

Or yeh just confuse it by waving your sword around.

17:10 By Tom Bramwell

Now he's using the shield bash move to knock projectiles back towards an enemy, by jerking the nunchuk.

17:11 By Tom Bramwell

Link is facing enemies who can block attacks now. He swings his sword to get around this.

17:12 By Tom Bramwell

The visuals look very traditional - green grass, blue skies, brown earth, that sort of things.

17:13 By Tom Bramwell

He's showing us item selection now. You hold down B to put your hand in your pocket, i.e. bring up a selection wheel.

17:13 By Tom Bramwell

Then you can select bombs, arrows, slingshots and the like.

17:13 By Tom Bramwell

You don't have to point at the screen to aim - you just move the remote in front of you as if you're aiming a real slingshot. Or something.

17:14 By Tom Bramwell

Pressing A puts bombs on the ground.

17:14 By Tom Bramwell

You can throw them by flicking the Wii remote.

17:14 By Tom Bramwell

You can also roll them like bowling balls. Lethal, death-bearing bowling balls, obviously.

17:15 By Tom Bramwell

17:16 By Tom Bramwell

Bow and arrow now - Miyamoto is holding the controllers like an actual bow and arrow. "It looks like we're having trouble with the wireless." It does a bit.

17:17 By Tom Bramwell

You can make a beetle fly around. It's also used to pick up items. Link sends it flying over a high ledge.

17:18 By Tom Bramwell

Miyamoto is controlling the bettle by twisting the Wii remote. Now he's switching to the whip. You can use it to cut grass and batter enemies. You can switch easily back to your sword.

17:18 By Tom Bramwell

"I can assure you that when you play it on the show floor, everything plays very smoothly and clearly." Pesky wireless issues, eh?

17:19 By Tom Bramwell

Development "looks like it's going to take through the end of this year" - so you can look forward to playing the new Zelda "next year".

17:19 By Tom Bramwell

Video now: Link slashing away at enemies, chopping down trees, fighting scorpions, swinging on ropes, climbing vines, firing arrows.

17:20 By Tom Bramwell

Flying the beetle, rolling bombs, shooting bats, whipping more scorpions, And Reggie's back.

17:20 By Tom Bramwell

"The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is just the top line of our E3 story today. There's a lot more to come." Women's Murder Club 2???

17:21 By Tom Bramwell

Oh. It's time for the bit about women and old people. Entertainment crossing gender age etc etc.

17:22 By Tom Bramwell

Now he's listing sports games. Eh? NBA Jam. Whooping.

17:22 By Tom Bramwell

An exclusive NBA Jam for Wii will be on the show floor.

17:22 By Tom Bramwell

It's Maorio! He's playing beach volleyball on the big screen against Yoshi and Peach.

17:22 By Tom Bramwell

Donkey Kong wielding an ice hockey stick now.

17:23 By Tom Bramwell

Bowser lobbing bombs, Luigi shooting hoops. Looks like a new Mario Sports effort?

17:23 By Tom Bramwell

Mario Sports Mix is the title. Coming in 2011.

17:24 By Tom Bramwell

"Maorio Sports Mix is pure fun," says Reggie. A fun magnet? "Last year you heard people predict that Wii momentum was starting to wane." Is it graphtime?

17:24 By Tom Bramwell

"But then we sold billions of Wiis to Americans innit!" (Paraphrasing)

17:25 By Tom Bramwell

"Then we sold loads of games because that is how we roll muchachos" (Still paraphrasing)

17:25 By Tom Bramwell

More people intend to buy a Wii than the other platforms combined, apparently.

17:25 By Tom Bramwell

It's not the case that people buy Wii Fit then lose interest, says Reggie.

17:25 By Tom Bramwell

First lifestyle photo of the show! It's got women in and everything!"

17:26 By Tom Bramwell

He's talking about bridge titles, like Mario Kart and NSMB Wii. 22m and 14m sold respectively.

17:26 By Tom Bramwell

The next bridge title "begins with more than 177 million Mii characters created around the world". It's Wii Party.

17:26 By Tom Bramwell

Video now. Gorgeous people in lifestyle lounges. There's a board game island - looks a bit like Mario Party but with Wiis.

17:27 By Tom Bramwell

13 party games, over 70 different mini-games. Coming "this holiday".

17:27 By Tom Bramwell

It will drive social interaction, says Reggie. Just Dance! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Glad I didn't say that out loud

17:28 By Tom Bramwell

Just Dance video now. Just Dance 2! This is even better than Women's Murder Club 2!

17:28 By Tom Bramwell

40 plus tracks. The PussyCat Dolls are playing. When I grow up, I certainly do indeed want to have boobies.

17:28 By Tom Bramwell

Up to eight players.

17:29 By Tom Bramwell

Coming "fall" 2010, exclusively for Wii. (Tom can you put a pre-order in for me while I'm doing this ta)

17:29 By Tom Bramwell

Golden Sun is now subtitled Dark Dawn.

17:29 By Tom Bramwell

Video: Big-headed blonde kids running round villages, mountains etc.

17:30 By Tom Bramwell

Some sort of plasma ball has turned the world all dark. You must sort it all out.

17:31 By Tom Bramwell

Golden Sun Dark Dawn is arriving this holiday season.

17:31 By Tom Bramwell

Come on Reggie, show us your 3DS! I've brought my red and green glasses!

17:31 By Tom Bramwell

Hang on - GOLDENEYE.

17:31 By Tom Bramwell

Video of men in a boardroom discussing what made GE great.

17:32 By Tom Bramwell

"A new Goldeneye game is coming up." Bond theme. Rainy scene, explosions, first-person gunfights.

17:32 By Tom Bramwell

Split-screen and online multiplayer. Jaws, Oddjob. Special modes; Paintball, melee.

17:33 By Tom Bramwell

Looks like Craig David's likeness is in there. Sorry Daniel Craig.

17:33 By Tom Bramwell

"I remember it, you remember it," says Reggie. I dunno, most of the nineties are a total blur for me.

17:33 By Tom Bramwell

"Activision's new Goldeneye, exclusive to Wii, this holiday."

17:34 By Tom Bramwell

Mickey Mouse is on screen now.

17:34 By Tom Bramwell

"Now this universally recognised and beloved character embarks on a new chapter." Epic Mickey? Yep. Warren Spector is here. He's not trying the hilarious mouse ears trick again.

17:35 By Tom Bramwell

Nice sweater vest, Warren! It's like Chandler is IN THE ROOM.

17:35 By Tom Bramwell

We're seeing in-game footage. Mickey is running around "Wasteland - a world both familiar and strange".

17:35 By Tom Bramwell

Specifically, he's in the Ventureland quest zone. This is where you learn about quests and buy stuff. Mickey is talking to Smee about an optional side-quest.

17:36 By Tom Bramwell

Other characters from Peter Pan are in this bit, including some theme park locations like the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House.

17:37 By Tom Bramwell

We're watching Mickey use paint and thinner to change the environment. He can erase characters, objects, walls, plants, even the ground.

17:37 By Tom Bramwell

But can he draw big nobs on the walls?

17:38 By Tom Bramwell

All very nice, but I'd rather see Epic Tony Hart. Or possibly Epic Neil Buchanan.

17:39 By Tom Bramwell

Action zones now. You'll have to visit the booth to learn more about those. Righto.

17:39 By Tom Bramwell

Travel zones take Mickey from one part of the wasteland to another. They're side-scrolling areas. This one's black and white - it's inspired by Steamboat Willy.

17:40 By Tom Bramwell

"Walt himself once said, it's kind of fun to do the impossible."

17:41 By Tom Bramwell

Warren's finishing up. Bye, Warren! Hello again, Reggie!

17:41 By Tom Bramwell

There's an exclusive e3.nintendo.com interview between Iwata and Spector, says Reg.

17:42 By Tom Bramwell

He's talking about Sakurai now, the guy behind Smash Bros. and Kirby.

17:42 By Tom Bramwell

I never noticed how much Kirby looks like a shaved bollock before.

17:42 By Tom Bramwell

Kirby's back! Freshly shaved!

17:42 By Tom Bramwell

"Spin a yarn in a way that yarn has never been spun before" what?

17:43 By Tom Bramwell

Kirby's Epic Yarn. It's Kirby cross-stitch!

17:43 By Tom Bramwell

2D side-scroller. Kirby appears to be made of wool himself. He can wield wool like a whip to grab things. He can change shape - a parachute, a car, a surfboard, a UFO.

17:44 By Tom Bramwell

The environments are all pastel and very pretty.

17:44 By Tom Bramwell

Even enemies are made of wool outline - here's a big dragon, there's a flaming phoenix.

17:44 By Tom Bramwell

Looks lovely and woolly. It's for the Wii.

17:44 By Tom Bramwell

Reggie says the main difference is not the way new Kirby looks, but works. Slated for release this autumn.

17:45 By Tom Bramwell

Moving on to Dragon Quest now. 4.2 millioin copies of IX sold in Japan.

17:46 By Tom Bramwell

"Chico, maybe the top dragon quest fan in our treehouse, has now logged maybe 140 game hours." Is Chico here???

17:47 By Tom Bramwell

Oh. DQ IX is coming to the US in "just 26 days". "And then on the last day of August, passionate players on Wii will experience a signature moment with an old friend." Metroid Other M.

17:47 By Tom Bramwell

Was really hoping it was Chico time, but it's running round space corridors and getting in lifts time.

17:48 By Tom Bramwell

General footage of running, shooting, jumping, getting in lifts.

17:49 By Tom Bramwell

Reggie says it's all about isolation and exploration. What about the lifts?

17:49 By Tom Bramwell

August 31st release date - for the US, presumably. [Yep. Autumn in Europe, unless they update it in the post-show press pack! -Ed]

17:50 By Tom Bramwell

Holy moley. Donkey Kong's back!

17:51 By Tom Bramwell

Massive whooping. DK swinging on vines, collecting bananas. Mine Kart race!

17:51 By Tom Bramwell

Even the music's the same! It's like it's 1996 all over again! Side-scrolling. Looks just like the SNES games. Very lush, detailed, pretty and generally brilliant. Donkey Kong Country Returns is the title. THIS HOLIDAY.

17:51 By Tom Bramwell

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA this is almost as good as Just Dance 2.

17:51 By Tom Bramwell

Sounds like it's time for the 3DS now.

17:52 By Tom Bramwell

Reggie is winding up. But with what? "We're not just raising the bar, but extending that bar far into the distance." 3DS logo on screen.

17:53 By Tom Bramwell

Photo of family wearing glasses on sofa. They look stupid. "There's nothing to watch yet or play on big screen 3D" says Reggie. "But most of all, it's the glasses. Man, those glasses!"

17:53 By Tom Bramwell

"And that kind of fashion forward statement doesn't come cheap." Oooh burrrrn! "We think there's a better way... Take 3D along with you wherever you go." "Ample game content available the first day on the market. And best of all, no glasses."

17:53 By Tom Bramwell

Video. Some sort of montage of human history in its entirety.

17:54 By Tom Bramwell

"Now - nothing between you and the experience." Nintendo Kinect! No wait

17:54 By Tom Bramwell

3DS! The stage has gone all red. Dry ice!

17:54 By Tom Bramwell

It's rising up out of the floor. This is bonkers.

17:54 By Tom Bramwell

Hang on it's an empty pillar. Has the 3DS been nicked?

17:55 By Tom Bramwell

Iwata is here. Haha, he picked it up off the pillar! It's that slim!

17:55 By Tom Bramwell

You couldn't see it from the floor.

17:55 By Tom Bramwell

He's holding up the 3DS. It's turquoise. Two screens. Analog nubbin above d-pad.

17:55 By Tom Bramwell

The upper screen has 3.5 inch widescreen display.

17:55 By Tom Bramwell

Can easily be held in one hand, would probably fit in a back pocket.

17:56 By Tom Bramwell

The case looks like it's metallic and shiny.

17:56 By Tom Bramwell

He tucks it inside his jacket.

17:56 By Tom Bramwell

On the top half there's a 3D depth slider - you can maximise the 3D, remove it altogether or go inbetween.

17:57 By Tom Bramwell

3DS is a successor to DS, so it naturally has a touch screen. However, "We realised that fignerprints and other smudges reduce the 3D image"

17:57 By Tom Bramwell

"In other words, a touch screen and 3D screen do not get along very well. So we decided to employ a touch panel only on the bottom."

17:58 By Tom Bramwell

They have improved the graphics capability of the hardware. "Something tells me this might cause a lot of enthusiasm in the development community."

17:58 By Tom Bramwell

Controls now. "We installed the slide pad, designed for analogue play." There's also a motion sensor and a gyroscope.

17:59 By Tom Bramwell

"It has compatibility with DSi, 3DS has a camera too, but look - there's not one but two camera lenses on the outside."

17:59 By Tom Bramwell

You can also take photos and view them in 3D.

18:00 By Tom Bramwell

One more thing... 3DS is "also capabale of displaying 3D Hollywood movies".

18:00 By Tom Bramwell

There are 3D movie trailers at the E3 booth. WB, DreamWorks.

18:00 By Tom Bramwell

Also Disney.

18:00 By Tom Bramwell

"Gamers care most about games."

18:01 By Tom Bramwell

Remember that Project Sora announcement? The one with Sakura?

18:01 By Tom Bramwell

Well, it was actually established "to create a game specifically for 3DS".

18:01 By Tom Bramwell

The Queen of Darkness Reborn, says a message on screen.

18:02 By Tom Bramwell

And to Oppose her, the Goddess of Light and a Lone Angel. It's Kid Icarus. KI Uprising is the full title.

18:02 By Tom Bramwell

We see him soaring through the sky. He can only fly for five minutes.

18:02 By Tom Bramwell

Wings are all purply and glowy. Rawk guitars. Reminiscent of Ulysses 31.

18:03 By Tom Bramwell

Icy environments, flying enemies, bow and arrow, castles, lava, giant bosses, SPACE aaa aaaaa

18:03 By Tom Bramwell

Soaring into the sunset. "Let Your Wings Shine!" OK then!

18:03 By Tom Bramwell

Coming Soon.

18:05 By Tom Bramwell

Back to 3DS. It searches for wireless access points and responding 3DS systems, and communicates without you knowing, even with the lid close.

18:05 By Tom Bramwell

Nintendogs had a similar feature, but communication stopped if users started playing another game.

18:05 By Tom Bramwell

3DS is different.

18:06 By Tom Bramwell

Even when you are not near a wifi access point, you may discover new rankings, stages etc. have been downloaded.

18:06 By Tom Bramwell

And ghosts.

18:06 By Tom Bramwell

There is no need to pay a monthly fee for the online functionality.

18:06 By Tom Bramwell

Back to the games now.

18:07 By Tom Bramwell

Miyamoto is working on 3D versions of Nintendogs.

18:08 By Tom Bramwell

It has got cats! Kinectimals! No wait.

18:08 By Tom Bramwell

3DS software from third-parties - Harmonix, EA, Ubi, WB, SEGA, Take 2, THQ, Konami, Hudson, Namco, Capcom, Activision...

18:08 By Tom Bramwell

DJ Hero 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Saints Row, Madden.

18:08 By Tom Bramwell

Samurai Warriors, Resident Evil, Batman, Assassin's Creed

18:08 By Tom Bramwell

Riiiiiiiiiidge Racer, Metal Gear Solid.

18:09 By Tom Bramwell

Level 5, Majesco also in. 3D Cooking Mama??? 3D WOMEN'S MURDER CLUB 2???? We can only hope.

18:09 By Tom Bramwell

It's the end. Proper clapping.

18:10 By Tom Bramwell

But first - a video of what devs think of 3DS. Kojima excited.

18:10 By Tom Bramwell

Inafune says "it is very attractive".

18:11 By Tom Bramwell

Kojima experimenting with MGS. "It's a jungle, there are things in front of you, away from you and even further down."

18:11 By Tom Bramwell

Inafune: "I think 3D makes players wonder what is at the end of the hallway."

18:12 By Tom Bramwell

End of video. Return of Reggie.

18:12 By Tom Bramwell

"When we began this morning, we promised something for everyone..." FreeDS?

18:12 By Tom Bramwell

Nah.

18:13 By Tom Bramwell

More content coming up on Nintendo.com. And on Eurogamer, promise.

18:13 By Tom Bramwell

There's no way to demo the 3DS on stage, so they've decided to communicate it in a different way. With a video!

18:14 By Tom Bramwell

It's of Iwata. He pulls a 3DS out. CGI Mario jumps out of the screen then pulls him in with him.

18:14 By Tom Bramwell

Miyamoto walks up. Picks up 3DS. A bloody dog jumps out. It pulls him into the 3DS.

18:15 By Tom Bramwell

Zelda swords and shields, DK barrels, red shells all pop out of 3DS. Reggie comes along. Gold coins and mushrooms burst out. He picks up the 3DS and sees Iwata and MIyamoto running along a bridge, chased by Bowser.

18:15 By Tom Bramwell

Bowser emerges from 3DS and firebreathese Reggie.

18:15 By Tom Bramwell

He's come back on stage in a burned up jacked. "Well, that sure felt real to me!"

18:16 By Tom Bramwell

A load of women coming out with 3DSes.

18:16 By Tom Bramwell

There's bloody hundreds of them. They have 3DSes attached to them. I wonder if they will all see another sunrise.

18:17 By Tom Bramwell

This is bananas. It's like being confronted by a thousand clones of Judith out of Tomorrow's World.

18:18 By Tom Bramwell

It's like women holding 3DSes are taking over the world. They're like hot cybermen.

18:18 By Tom Bramwell

The women are marching out of the theatre. Now Wiis are raising out of the stage. They've got Zelda on the screen. The shuttles to Sony don't start leaving till 11. Sony will be pleased.

18:19 By Tom Bramwell

It's the end.

18:19 By Tom Bramwell

Bananas.

18:19 By Tom Bramwell

And actual bananas! In Donkey Kong Country!

18:20 By Tom Bramwell

There's a scrum for those Wiis at the front of the stage. We're off outside to see if those women have been torn to pieces yet. See you at noon PST for Sony!