Ubisoft is planning to release new downloadable content for the Xbox version of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 next Monday, 7th March. The update will consist of three maps, two new game modes, eight new weapons and two new skins, which sounds like quite a bundle to us.
That news is buried somewhat though at the bottom of a brief missive pointing out that Ubi has released an "auto-upgrade" for the Xbox title. So, a patch, then. The auto-upgrade "accomplishes the following":
- Add User Interface element to indicate which players are entering and leaving lobby
- Add User Interface element to indicate which player(s) are talking
- Improve network stability
- Fix a respawn issue where respawned players could get killed immediately
- Reduce the amount of time needed to validate downloadable content
- Address Minor sound issue with sound effects and voice over
- Localize an error message
- The Friend's List is easier to scroll through and use
Good news for Ghost Recon 2 fans, then. You'll be patched as soon as you go online, and we'll let you know more about the downloadable content next week.