Sony's announced that the next SingStar package will be rock-themed, with 30 more licensed tracks from the likes of The Killers, Bloc Party, Nirvana and Blur.
It's called "SingStar Rocks!" As is tradition, it'll feature all the correct music videos in the background as you sing along, trying to match your drink-slurred output to the music. It'll be released on PS2 this spring.
Apparently there are "more acts to be confirmed", but Sony's released a preliminary line-up of bands and songs to consider, listed below.
One thing that this week's announcement doesn't make clear is whether Rocks! will include any new features. Following the success of the original SingStar, subsequent editions changed the dynamic and tweaked certain elements, but that iterative technology approach seemed to die away with the most recent addition, SingStar '80s.
Not that we're complaining too much. There'll always be room for new SingStar if the pricing's reasonable. Here's the current listing for Rocks:
- Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure
- Hole - Celebrity Skin
- Stereophonics - Dakota
- The Killers - Somebody Told Me
- Snow Patrol - Run
- Bloc Party - Banquet
- Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To?
- Kasabian - Club Foot
- Razorlight - Somewhere Else
- Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl?
- Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
- Nirvana - Come As You Are
- The Subways - Rock 'n' Roll Queen
- Bowling For Soup - 1985
- The Bravery - An Honest Mistake
- Blur - Song 2