Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII has prompted an enormous PSP sales surge in Japan, GamesIndustry.biz reports.
Figures were up by over six times on the previous week, according to Media Create data, making it the best selling piece of kit on the market.
It puts an end to what has been a routine dominance of the region by Nintendo platforms. Where, despite two new Pokmon titles, the DS had to settle with second place as the PSP total climbed to 95,487 for the week.
A full run down can be found below.
- PSP: 95,487
- DS: 79,974
- Wii: 26,181
- PS2: 13,128
- PS3: 13,101
- X360: 1243
- GBA: 836
- Cube: 97
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
- Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon: Toki no Tankentai (DS)
- Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon: Yami no Tankentai (DS)
- Fate/Tiger Colosseum (PSP)
- Another Century's Episode 3: The Final (PS2)
- Taiko no Tatsujin DS (DS)
- Mario Party 8 (Wii)
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates (DS)
- Sengoku Musou 2 Mushouden (PS2)
- My Housekeeping Diary (DS)