EA has revealed that Mass Effect 2 will use the same DRM copy protection as Dragon Age: Origins.
This involves a rudimentary disc check and no online authentication, unlike the intrusive SecuROM program used in Mass Effect 1.
EA has also uncovered the PC Mass Effect 2 system requirements, which won't require a fortune to meet even at recommended level.
- CPU: 1.8Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD chip
- GPU: 256MB (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support)
- Memory: 1GB RAM for XP / 2GB RAM for Vista, Windows 7
- CPU: 2.6+Ghz Core 2 Duo Intel or equivalent AMD chip
- GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or better
- Memory: 2GB RAM
Mass Effect 2 will be released on PC and Xbox 360 on 29th January 2010.