Super Mario Galaxy has unsurprisingly trampled all over competition this week in Japan, selling over three times more than its closest competition.
More surprising was that Ace Combat 6 was the close competition, an exclusive title for the not-selling-so-well-over-there Xbox 360.
That was all according to Media Create figures, which saw Super Robot Wars Scramble Commander The 2nd on PS2 and Wii Sports as the only non-Nintendo DS titles in the rest of the top 10.
The full list looks like this. New entries are marked with an asterisk and total sales are also displayed.
- Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - 251,000*
- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (Xbox 360) - 77,000*
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS) - 51,000 / 193,000
- Super Robot Wars Scramble Commander The 2nd (PS2) - 21,000*
- DS Bungaku Zenshuu (DS) - 18,000 / 72,000
- DS Nishimura Kyotaro Suspense Shin Tantei Series: Kyoto Atami Zekkai no Kotou - Satsui no Wana (DS) - 18,000 / 115,000
- Wii Sports (Wii) - 16,000 / 2,182,000
- Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day (DS) - 15,000 / 676,000
- World Soccer Winning Eleven DS Goal x Goal! (DS) - 15,000 / 44,000
- Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon: Time Expedition Party (DS) - 14,000 / 552,000