Epic Games has popped a plaster over the bleeding bits of Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3.
The bulk of the healing was done to mods, so they should be easier to install and you can expect less errors. There should also be less problems with voice chat, and you will be able to see who is holding down the talk button to play Gunther songs.
The US version of the game has a much lengthier list of updates, but this is simply because it came out earlier - us Europeans had those fixes from launch.
A full list of fixes can be found below.
- Mods now on root of memory device, can download easier from PS3 web browser
- Fixed VOIP quality issues
- Fixed some headset connection issues
- Added support for full character mods (heads/premade whole characters)
- No longer need to reboot after importing a character mod to see it in menus
- DLC no longer acts like a user mod (being listed in MyContent and causing disable mod crash dialog)
- Fix for bootup and import slowdown with many mods installed
- Add a VOIP icon when VOIP is active (button held down)
- Fixes for corrupted the auto-mod-download cache
- Fix for flickering auto-download text
- Fix for getting stuck in multiplayer menu if you get in before gamespy connects
- Fixed a mod problem with switching between mod and shipping maps with clients teleporting randomly
- Fixed a mod problem with multiple gametype mods installed, only first one imported would work
- Fixed Leviathan deploy icon
- Bots now respect players feigning death (depending on bot skill level)
- Bots now respect sandstorm "blindness"
- Fix for bots picking linkgun mode
Pop over to our Unreal Tournament III review to find out why it is the best competitive shooter on the PS3.