E3 may have only just finished, but publishers are already looking ahead to the Leipzig Games Convention in August.
The first to announce its line-up for the German show is, unsurprisingly, German publisher dtp. Its cluster of titles will largely be focused on PC and revolve around the adventure and role-playing genre.
Those on show are:
- Legend: Hand of God - an action role-playing game promising cinematic combat from Master Creating.
- Drakesang: The Dark Eye - a party-based role-playing "blockbuster" by Radon Labs.
- Windchaser - fantasy tactical action from Chimera.
- Overclocked - a dark and psychological adventure into the memories of traumatised patients from House of Tales.
- Reprobates - another horror adventure promising next-generation this and that from Future Games.
- So Blonde - an adventure from Wizard Box with a story by Broken Sword man Steve Ince.
- Memento Mori - an art theft conspiracy adventure from Centauri Production.
- Gray Matter - an adventure penned by Gabriel Knight writer Jane Jensen, and in development at Tonuzaba Entertainment.
- Mata Hari - another point and clicker, this time based around a beautiful and seductive lady who uses her charms to uncover secrets during World War I. Naked and everything. Story by ex LucasArts chaps Hal Barwood and Noah Falstein. Created by 4Head Studio.
- Undercover: Dual Motives - the DS spin-off of Operation Wintersun by developer Sproing.
"The Leipzig Games Convention is still the most important exhibition for us. Especially this year, because the E3 expo is, with all its changes, no longer an important place for many European publishers," said Markus Windelen, big cheese at dtp entertainment.
"This year we present a line-up of international dimensions. A large appearance both in the business centre and the consumer area, a press conference and the attendance of international developer legends stresses our ambitions in 2007."
The Leipzig Games Convention takes place from 22nd - 26th August. And we'll be there, at the show many observers are tipping to be the E3 toppler.