Bungie Studios currently has "no plans" to work on any platforms besides Xbox 360, two of the developer's top men told Eurogamer readers in a LiveText interview this afternoon.
"We have no plans to work on any other platforms beyond 360 at this time," writing lead Frank O'Connor responded to a question about whether Bungie's newfound independence might give rise to non-360 projects.
"Microsoft have been good friends to us," added Jonty Barnes, production director. "You can see the strength of our relationship in Halo. We're really focused on continuing our collaboration in making the best games we can, and that right now is on 360."
The two developers covered a wide range of topics during their nearly 90 minutes fielding Eurogamer readers' questions, providing insight into a number of areas and revealing, among other things, the following:
- Stand Off from the new Halo 3 map pack has "at least two Easter Eggs", "each one more horrifying than the last".
- There's nothing new to report on the Halo film at the moment, with its "pause button firmly pressed".
- They are not working on anything Marathon-related right now, but "it's not outwith the bounds of reason that we could revisit it one day".
- When asked about possibly reselling technology, Barnes said the company was "not interested in focusing on how we can generate the most revenue".
- When a reader countered with a question about the map pack price, Frank explained that Microsoft sets the price once Bungie has billed them for how much it cost to develop.
- Asked about the possibility of multiplayer bots as DLC, Barnes said: "I cannot comment on the plans for Halo 3 at this time outside of the snippets of DLC announcements we've already made."
- Bungie's involvement in Ensemble Studios' Halo Wars game has been largely in advising on story and universe.
- Bungie has no current plans to produce a game for Xbox Live Arcade.
- Frank "sucks at all music games".
- Both men would rather be invisible than have lasers for eyes.
Look out for another LiveText interview soon, and check out the full transcript for more.